Contribute
Register

2011 Macbookpro won’t boot after multibeast installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have finished firefighting Post #2 of this thread may help :

Thanks for that. If I actually can get the machine booted up and running Ill maybe give that a go.

Currently the machine will not boot at all into OSX no matter what I try.

Many thanks for your help,
Jonny

I’ve taken this as an opportunity to retrofit the machines with SSD drives, and waiting for amazing to deliver 5 crucial drives today.
You might try cloning the drive from one of your working machines and then put it in the 'broken' one.

Yeah I think you're right - that's going to be the next thing Im going to do.

it seems I have lots of options available to me on the Clover menu, but none of them seem to have any sort of an effect.

Any advice on how best to clone from the other machines?
I have new drives arrive this evening hopefully.

What about a target drive boot up? Any idea if that might be worth trying?

If you can put a drive into a USB adaptor you can just make a fresh install to it.
Alternatively you could put the 'broken' drive into a USB adaptor and delete the Clover folder from the EFI partition.

Ill order a sata USB adaptor here now on amazon. Thanks

Yeah here’s one of them.
I looked at that video you linked.

The mistake that Ricardo makes is to install Clover and FakeSMC kext to the MacBook Pro. No need to do that. All that's needed is the 3rd party USB 3.0 kext. If you would have done that there would be no problems booting your MacBook Pro. Too bad that Ricardo is not using Multibeast correctly and doing all this damage.

Here's all you really need: 3rd Party USB 3.0 -- Installs GenericUSBXHCI.kext to /Library/Extensions

Works only for Mojave or older macOS versions. This will not work for Catalina as 3rd party kexts no longer work installed to /L/E.

Looks like many other MBP owners followed this guide and regret it. :O :O

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Ahhhh.. ive just made headway on something. I finally managed to get it to enter into recovery mode (command and r after the bing).

I'm now trying to do a full time machine refresh, but I also just noticed something about this particular macbookpro.
The last owner of it seems to have created a boot partition and a storage partition.

I had never noticed this before - i literally just grabbed the first mbp to do this conversion on, as I'd the intention of fitting them each with one of the expresscard USB ports - I am now wondering if this would have had an effect on the clover situation .

Clover did indeed show two drives, but I did had thought this was maybe a result of something that clover had added - as opposed to something that inherently was there from the start.

Ahhhh.. ive just made headway on something. I finally managed to get it to enter into recovery mode (command and r after the bing).

I'm now trying to do a full time machine refresh, but I also just noticed something about this particular macbookpro.
The last owner of it seems to have created a boot partition and a storage partition.

I had never noticed this before - i literally just grabbed the first mbp to do this conversion on, as I'd the intention of fitting them each with one of the expresscard USB ports - I am now wondering if this would have had an effect on the clover situation .

Clover did indeed show two drives, but I did had thought this was maybe a result of something that clover had added - as opposed to something that inherently was there from the start.
not sure if you time machine would work

you will need to mount the EFI on your hard drive and remove the clover stuff from it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back