mbp 2.2GHz 15"
CPU
core2duo
Graphics
famous 8600 refried to a crisp by apple and loud fans
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Great advice about controlled air flow. Cardboard or other material like plastic file folders/binders.

After I had to solder a new flyback transformer into my iMac 2nd generation G3, I started designing and building an external cooling system for that old fanless mac about a decade ago.

Here is what I learned:
1-side firing fans (blowers etc) are muuuch louder than most other fans. And size matters here also the smaller the fan the louder by triple. makes me wonder if you could slant a regular fan somehow into some of these small form factors and actually push more air than a blower. But if you can only fit the blowers, consider buying one of the many dead pci slot double wide GPU cards and use one of those.
2-you can direct blown air… but not sucked air.. (imagine putting a hose on both ends of a vacuum… which one could move a ping pong ball further and direct air in the direction you want?)

PS: if any of you are near los angeles, stop by my garage tinker lab. or just give me your dimensions and I'll send you some fans cheap or near free which may fit. I must have several dozens from my prototyping and many other mac parts after closing my mac shop.

Great post btw. NOw that I closed my shop… I'm learning linux for a client project, and I even played with windows for a day to see if they are still laughable.. Yup. Proof of mass insanity.

Great post btw. NOw that I closed my shop… I'm learning linux for a client project, and I even played with windows for a day to see if they are still laughable.. Yup. typemyessay proof of mass insanity.
This page contains all the most useful and interesting guides and articles for newbies and possibly some experienced users in Linux. At the very beginning it is very important to learn how to use the terminal and master your distribution.