AMD 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hiya,

In finally deciding to upgrade my customac mini from 10.7.2 which was working great with Toleda's "Customac mini tuneup kit", to Mavericks, I lost HDMI audio and tried my best to get it back per Toleda's guides, but to no avail. I upgraded to mac for better flash performance due to better video drivers, but this audio is causing me a headache.

Here is what I did:

Upgraded to Mavericks
Ran Multibeast and did not install any audio (so the AppleHDA is native)
Installed DSDT from tonymac database (h67n-usb3 F9)
Used MaciASL to install toleda audio_hdmi_hd3000-6series award BIOS patch - no errors
Saved DSDT.aml and rebooted

No audio... I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Any help? I have attached my DSDT and my ioReg. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

H67N-USB3
i3 2105
8GB RAM

Audio was working 100% with 10.7.2

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.3 KB · Views: 159
  • H67Nioreg.ioreg
    2.5 MB · Views: 133
Note: I have also tried just the plain vanilla DSDT and the SSDT route below:

Vanilla DSDT
Download linked SSDT
Rename to just SSDT.aml
Added DroppSSDT=Yes to bootloader per toleda guide (I thought this would ignore the SSDT?)
Rebooted - no audio

Attachments

• SSDT-1.aml
    495 bytes · Views: 131
No audio... I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Any help?
You did everything correctly. The TV is plugged into the wrong HDMI connector, use HDMI2 (under USB port) for HDMI audio. The HDMI1 port does work with a framebuffer edit if you are interested.

can you return the favor by making a video youtube or show us a step by step of how to achieve this ? almost everyone seems to have hdmi issues ... I been reading day in and day out trying to get it but the instructions arent made noob friendly .

All I literally did:

Installed Mavericks
Installed Multibeast DSDT Free installation
Download the DSDT from the DSDT database here on Tonymac
Open the DSDT in MaciASL
Click "patch" in MaciASL
Copy the text from the text file for my motherboard (Award BIOS, HD3000, 6 series board) from toleada's github for audio_hdmi_hd3000-6series award
Click patch
Save DSDT in /Extra and name it DSDT.aml

Rebooted and it worked (except my HDMI was plugged into the wrong one as noted above)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back