Contribute
Register

Mini Cube — H110MSTX-HD3 — i7-7700T — RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the heat pipe design of this silent cube build with the coolers of the CPU and GPU joined.
Thats a neat solution and very clever!, so if I have this right the silent cube only has one fan, on the bottom pulling the hot air out?. If I stick to the original plan with my minis occupying a cube of space, I could leave a 2" gap in-between the two minis, and leave 1/2" for feet. I could then drop the motherboard by 1/2" which would allow access to the front ports, USB3, USBC/Tb and two others!. My plan for the 3D printed skeleton is very simple, I'm just going to create a leg that fits in the corner of the mini case, these 'legs' will have spacers to fit the Mac mini cases with a gap in-between and feet at the bottom. The four legs will each have a upright pin that can fit a brass spacer and align to the four corners of the motherboard holes. I should be able to fit some fins between the mobo and graphics card.

@craighazan Could you share the tinkercad file you made? I have a design I would like to try...

No problem Charlee78, I’ve attached the file below, the link should take you straight there. I’m not thinking of adding Optical drive, though it would be quite possible.

This is very exciting news!, I've been informed that the R53SR is arriving Monday.

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 9.06.17 AM.png

This has to be the cleverest cable I own, the part that connects into the board is well made and just fits under the SATA SSD, which bends ever so slightly, the cable feels strong and can be bent to get round corners. I have only tested in macOS, I have to install the right drivers for Windows to see it. Couldn’t get the 570 to start and I haven’t tested my GT 710 either. Amazing find @phunguss!.

C6E1D7A1-EFC4-4510-8142-DC56F05A915E.jpeg

My RX 570 also works, about to bench!. Update, It didn't like being benched!.
Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 7.01.34 PM.png

E23E134C-61E5-437E-8343-8A6142393F98.jpeg

Last edited:
Update, It didn't like being benched!.
Did it shut down completely ? Besides lack of enough juice to run the card there may not be enough PCIe lanes for it to work fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back