Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That was a bit of a learning curve!. After much delay, I spent the last 10 days putting this together for my mini Hackintosh mod, which can be found in my sig below. To get the best results from a small print bed I broke the design down into parts that could be printed individually or together, this has another advantage of allowing you to easily replace a part relatively quickly, should the 3D printer have an issue.
Yes!, gluing together was messy and was completed in stages and there are a lot of seams to be cleaned down. I now realize I could print just 4 pieces each measuring 82.5mm x 82.5mm, a corner with extensions, cutting down the gluing to just 4 seams. You'll notice standoffs attached to the corners, these hold up the H110MSTX motherboard, 2 of the standoffs, top left and bottom right, are correct!. I did fit the motherboard inside, despite only 2 standoffs aligning and felt confident that it would be secure. I also lowered the motherboard by 12mm to access the front IO.

IMG_0193.jpeg

Fitting the 2009 Mm shell was easy and is surprisingly snug, I can pick up the shell and the base doesn't fall out.

IMG_0199.jpeg

My modified rear IO, originally by @phunguss, needs a bit of a rethink.

IMG_0200.jpeg

Another method of attaching parts I tried but didn't finish, using extensions and slots.

IMG_0202.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    630.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0201.jpeg
    IMG_0201.jpeg
    726.4 KB · Views: 108
Having finished the first Mm base I was eager to improve on the first version by slimming parts down, aligning the standoffs, cutting print time and make the 'putting together' process much easier. The MP Select is a good beginner 3D Printer, though I would suggest the Auto leveling feature isn't that great, on my printer at least. You can see the difference in the 'raft', the first three layers put down, it's thinner on the right corner than the left corner. But at least the raft is fixed to the glass plate and the Mm print dimensions almost match those of the heat plate which is 80mm x 80mm. More pictures with the motherboard fitted can be seen on this thread.

MmFL.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 8.15.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 8.17.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 8.16.36 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back