Contribute
Register

2002 eMac G4 700 -> 2013 eHack i3 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2011 iMac at work with a 65W Sandy i5 idles around 45° so your idle temps aren't too bad. I can get this thing up to about 75° by maxing out the CPU cores but newer a iMac's fans are still nearly inaudible at these temps while a factory intel cooler would sound like it's about to take off if it got that hot.

Awesome mod!! And for your IIgs, HELLZ YA!!!! Woz's last great Apple II. Just wish I knew where my old one (ROM 3) was...Reminds me of the 1980's when my IBM friend got a new sound card and was showing off Wing Commander and Space Quest claiming incredible life like sound and effects. Later I showed off my IIgs; I played a few songs from Mod Tracker and MidiSynth, showed him Rastan and The Bard's Tale, and laughed when he confessed in comparison his IBM sounded like clicks and bleeps. Good times....
:headbang:

How did you get the power button to work?

The power button apple used is two wires just like a PC. I just wired it to the appropriate plug salvaged from an old case. I haven't open it up in a while, but I believe I used a good bit of wire from the PC end to make the overall length long enough to reach the pins on the opposite corner of the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back