Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Working for 2+ years hackintosh.
ASUS ROG Strix z370-e
Intel i7-8700K
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC

I have 2 hackintosh partitions, and 1 Windows. All are on separate drives. 1 Hack is on NVME, other 2 partitions are on SSD.
So the NVME (10.13.4) hack gets hung up now on this error when booting in verbose:
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
And hangs up on "Still Waiting on Root Device" and gives the prohibitory sign. If I look up these errors it's usually on people's first install, but keep in mind this device has been working for 2 years without issues.

I've found a solution that kinda sorta works like 1 in 10 times, by clearing NVram and then following some instructions from Gigamaxx from another thread:

If you ran Multibeast (correctly) the USB is not needed. Remove USB installer so it defaults to Multibeast Clover EFI.

If it persists with same message, hit space bar once at clover menu screen and select: verbose, single user, don't reboot on panic, keep symbols, and debug kexts.

It should stop at root# type in "mount -uw" hit enter

Root# type in "Fsck -fy" hit enter

Wait, wait, wait, root# type "exit"

All of these without the " " marks.

It should either boot or finish with a black screen, wait a little it may be loading up for the final sign in and account settings if it's a fresh install. If nothing happens after 5 min then reboot.

For reboot let it boot normally.

On the 10th time if I'm lucky I can get into the machine with integrated graphics and when I try to restart with NVidia web drivers it just dies and gets hung up with the same issues. I believe I successfully booted into the drive once, but since then it's just been a no go with the same error.
It sucks because once I forcibly restart the computer after that error, it also gives the prohibitory sign to my other partition (10.13.6) and neither will work until i boot up windows and restart. Then, only the 10.13.6 drive will work.

I'm completely stumped, I haven't installed any new software or changed any settings in config.plist. Was a completely golden build with handoff/wifi/bluetooth all working and no problems. I wonder if it's the actual NVME drive that's failing, but when I log into the 10.13.6 partition I can access & mount the drive with no issues.

Another weird behavior that this has caused is I can no longer mount EFI from within Clover Configurator when I open it on the 10.13.6 partition. Under Mount EFI, if I click "Mount Partition", nothing happens. I have to manually mount it in terminal now. I just wanted to point that out because it never behaved like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.