Contribute
Register

2 x Asus F540L and some sort of surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Zotac ZBOX OI520
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi community,

I installed El Capitan on an ASUS F540L with 8GB Memory and 1 TB hard disk a couple of weeks ago. I managed to get the ELAN 1000 trackpad working with voodooi2c and Windows 10 in DSDT using 256 MB preallocated graphics memory in BIOS. Still the internal WIfI/BT-Combo Atheros ARB195 was okay with wifi but did not show up with BT. USB was alright afaik, but no luck with this Combo card. Furthermore the internal micro is not working.

Got another F540L for my kids with 4GB memory and 500 Gig hard disk. Now, by using the same WIFI/BT-card I got WIFI and BT running, but I did not succeed with the ELAN 1000. The internal micro is also recognized on this machine??!! Strangely enough, to get the I2C recognized, I needed to set the graphics memory to 128 MB and use Windows 10. Trying to load the voodooi2c kext gives me a reboot. I tried various memory settings in bios and also tried various Windows versions with DSDT. Could not find a working combination...Either the kext loaded but did not work or I got a KP.

I tried to boot with a clone of HD1 on NB2 (BIOS identically afaik, so same version and all) but that crashed the NB as well at boot time while trying to load the voodooi2c kext. I haven't tried to boot NB1 with HD2 though.

Now I am at the end of my wits. My this be related to the different amount of memory? Not sure what is more important. A free USB slot and a non functional trackpad (a thing what is worth to be hated anyway) or a functional trackpad and just one USB port...
Any ideas, what might cause this funny behavior? Any experiences with this strange behavior?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards
mindmachine

Hi community,

I installed El Capitan on an ASUS F540L with 8GB Memory and 1 TB hard disk a couple of weeks ago. I managed to get the ELAN 1000 trackpad working with voodooi2c and Windows 10 in DSDT using 256 MB preallocated graphics memory in BIOS. Still the internal WIfI/BT-Combo Atheros ARB195 was okay with wifi but did not show up with BT. USB was alright afaik, but no luck with this Combo card. Furthermore the internal micro is not working.

Got another F540L for my kids with 4GB memory and 500 Gig hard disk. Now, by using the same WIFI/BT-card I got WIFI and BT running, but I did not succeed with the ELAN 1000. The internal micro is also recognized on this machine??!! Strangely enough, to get the I2C recognized, I needed to set the graphics memory to 128 MB and use Windows 10. Trying to load the voodooi2c kext gives me a reboot. I tried various memory settings in bios and also tried various Windows versions with DSDT. Could not find a working combination...Either the kext loaded but did not work or I got a KP.

I tried to boot with a clone of HD1 on NB2 (BIOS identically afaik, so same version and all) but that crashed the NB as well at boot time while trying to load the voodooi2c kext. I haven't tried to boot NB1 with HD2 though.

Now I am at the end of my wits. My this be related to the different amount of memory? Not sure what is more important. A free USB slot and a non functional trackpad (a thing what is worth to be hated anyway) or a functional trackpad and just one USB port...
Any ideas, what might cause this funny behavior? Any experiences with this strange behavior?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards
mindmachine

AR3011 BT requires correctly configured USB and IOath3kfrmwr.kext.
First you need to check if the BT device is on the USB bus. Check in System Information->USB.

Yes, I know that and internal USB works on machine 2 -->Post 1.
Now, by using the same WIFI/BT-card I got WIFI and BT running, but I did not succeed with the ELAN 1000. The internal micro is also recognized on this machine??!!
Funny enough it is shown on one laptop, but not on the other. Same kexts, same config.plist, same DSDT and so on. So Working internal USB --> No I2C Touchpad, I2C Touchpad --> no working internal USB

BT-Problem solved (sorry for this long delay): One AZURWAVE NB037H was partly defective :).

After upgrading to Sierra both Elan1000-Touchpad don`t work anymore. Various VoodooI2C-kexts cause Kernel panic on both NBs. I will keep testing and report any success...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back