Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370A
CPU
i7-8086
Graphics
RTX2070/RX580
Hey everyone,

Curious how this interaction would work and if it is possible to have a RTX 2070 for Windows and a RX580 for OSX?

I just ordered all the parts for a new rig and I've always wanted to do a dual boot machine. All my parts are good to go by coincidence!

My noob thinking says it would be best to have the bootloader only pass one GPU or the other depending on what OS we want but I have no experience in this. Or will both OSs work fine if both just sit in each OS?Any help or knowledge is welcome!

I'm on the verge of trying this out too, let me know how it goes

My noob thinking says it would be best to have the bootloader only pass one GPU or the other depending on what OS we want but I have no experience in this.

@Jphilli,

You can disable the Nvidia card in MacOS by using this method :-

Cheers
Jay

@Jphilli,

You can disable the Nvidia card in MacOS by using this method :-

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the advice Jay!

Hey, anybody tried this? I got it working using rx 580 and rtx 2080. I disabled rtx card using RehabMan method. I was able to boot in to mac os. Every thing was working perfectly. But, rtx card get super hot in mac os even though i disabled it. Since no driver, the fan not spin even in high temperatures. Did any one faceing this issue? And yeah temp of the rtx card perfect when i boot in to windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back