Contribute
Register

2 DSDT Patch Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.1) (Bios: F22a) (Clover UEFI)
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone could help me out here.

I've managed to get my iMac running sierra basically perfectly except for sleep/wake, and it seems that patching my DSDT may give me some ways to try and fix that and possibly any other future issues I find. So, I've extracted my DSDT and before editing it, I'm getting 2 errors when I try to compile.

The errors are as follows:
14836, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0
18306, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

I tested simply deleting ARG_0 (I read it somewhere for a different error) and that solved the error on line 18306, but didn't solve the error at 14836. I don't really want to mess around not knowing what I'm doing, so if someone who is well-versed in the world of DSDT's could take a look for me that would be fantastic.

I've attached a .zip of my origin folder that I got from hitting F4 at clover boot screen, as well as my extracted DSDT.dsl and a zip of my patched folder.

If you need anymore info just lemme know and I'll upload whatever is needed! Thanks

Attachments

• James-origin.zip
    105.6 KB · Views: 80
  • James-patched.zip
    2 KB · Views: 67
  • James-DSDT.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone could help me out here.

I've managed to get my iMac running sierra basically perfectly except for sleep/wake, and it seems that patching my DSDT may give me some ways to try and fix that and possibly any other future issues I find. So, I've extracted my DSDT and before editing it, I'm getting 2 errors when I try to compile.

The errors are as follows:
14836, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0
18306, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ARG0

I tested simply deleting ARG_0 (I read it somewhere for a different error) and that solved the error on line 18306, but didn't solve the error at 14836. I don't really want to mess around not knowing what I'm doing, so if someone who is well-versed in the world of DSDT's could take a look for me that would be fantastic.

I've attached a .zip of my origin folder that I got from hitting F4 at clover boot screen, as well as my extracted DSDT.dsl and a zip of my patched folder.

If you need anymore info just lemme know and I'll upload whatever is needed! Thanks

Disassemble with refs.txt as per laptop ACPI patching guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Result will be zero errors in DSDT.dsl

Disassemble with refs.txt as per laptop ACPI patching guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Result will be zero errors in DSDT.dsl

So I followed what you said, and now there's an overwhelmingly long list of messages that appear when I compile the new DSDT.dsl

Is what I'm getting normal? I attached the new DSDT.dsl so you can see what I'm talking about.

Edit: Did I do something wrong? Or do I just need to start going through and solving each error as I go?

Edit 2: I'm stupid, none of the messages that have been returned are errors. From my understanding that means I can carry on with patching it right? (though personally I think I'm gonna fix as many as I can).

Attachments

• James-DSDT1.dsl
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
So I followed what you said, and now there's an overwhelmingly long list of messages that appear when I compile the new DSDT.dsl

Is what I'm getting normal? I attached the new DSDT.dsl so you can see what I'm talking about.

Edit: Did I do something wrong? Or do I just need to start going through and solving each error as I go?

Edit 2: I'm stupid, none of the messages that have been returned are errors. From my understanding that means I can carry on with patching it right? (though personally I think I'm gonna fix as many as I can).

As per guide, only errors need to be fixed. Other messages can be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back