Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

So I just finished up my hackintosh build and everything was smooth sailing. Got everything up and running without any issues, but the problem I am having is I seem to have installed 2 bootloaders. 1 through multibeast, which works just fine when I restart, and 1 from Clover which doesn't work at all. The multibeast bootloader main screen is black with pictures of hard drives and I can boot windows or osx from there, the clover bootloader is grey and when I try to boot osx I get a white "no" symbol. When I try to boot windows I just get a flashing cursor in the top left corner. If I get the clover bootloader I need to go to clover options and remove all bootloader options and restart to get back to the multibeast bootloader.

How do I get rid of the non functional clover bootloader? And, what did I do wrong that clover won't boot either os?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Maybe you installed one in Legacy mode and the other in UEFI mode.

If that is the case then one will be in the EFI partition of your system disk and the other will be in the /EFI folder in the root of your system disk.
You should determine which one you are using and delete the other.

Maybe you installed one in Legacy mode and the other in UEFI mode.

If that is the case then one will be in the EFI partition of your system disk and the other will be in the /EFI folder in the root of your system disk.
You should determine which one you are using and delete the other.

That makes some sense. When the computer boots correctly I don't see the EFI partition on my system. The EFI partition shows up when I edit the config.plist in clover configurator. This seems to be where my issue is coming from. I will test this out.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back