nvdia 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone,

I've asked this question on another thread but it's buried and might even be hijacking it so in respect to that OP I'll ask it here. Apologies in advance if I over stepped the protocol...

Tried as I might I just can't get my 2nd CPU working. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks to many here I have this system working with what seems to be full support with speedstep/ACPI in El Capitan 11.6
1 x E5 2966 v4’s OEM (22 cores, 44 threads each . They are actually 2699v4’s just rebranded for workstations )
Supermicro X10dai latest bios v 2.0A
64 GIG ram (4 x16GB2400 modules)
Titan X - 12GB SC
LG 38uc99 x 2 Monitors

2 x E5 2603 v4’ (for testing)
GTX 650 (for testing)
GTX 750 (for testing)

tried clover r4012 & 3989

Need to Stay on EL Capitan 10.11.6 for software compatibility.

Geekbench is around 62000 . Cinebench is around 2900

So As I had said 1 CPU rocks . Even 2 E5-2603 v4's work but add a second e5 2696 v4 and it hangs just after the MAC Framework/ I/o Clusters Statement on booting.
The 2nd CPU has been swapped for the 1st to verify is IS working just fine by itself.

I've tried:

-Limiting the cores/threads to 32/64 in bios. (Any higher and it KP's from the get go- I know this is a limit)
-Disabling/Enabling , EIST, Vt-d Virtualization, power management, USB 3, Azalia, Hyper thread, UEFI vs Legacy with PCI cards.
- What seems to be every boot argument in Clover.
- Different Clover versions, Different FAKE SMC.
- Different flavors of GPU's

Can anyone think of what I'm missing? Help Please!
If I can get this thing running at 32/64 threads.. Perhaps even at max 44 cores/ 88 threads it will be among the top OSX in the world.
It'd be a great help to the community (and yes very much me too!)

Credits go to Metacollin, Pikeralpha,TPWUk, Panamax, Violition, and many more....!

I want to build something similar to attain a 60k geekbench, would you mind running my handbrake lines on a video file (i could provide) for me and timing them? Don't want to dish out a few grand if the timing isnt going to improve much

Hey everyone,

I've asked this question on another thread but it's buried and might even be hijacking it so in respect to that OP I'll ask it here. Apologies in advance if I over stepped the protocol...

Tried as I might I just can't get my 2nd CPU working. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks to many here I have this system working with what seems to be full support with speedstep/ACPI in El Capitan 11.6
1 x E5 2966 v4’s OEM (22 cores, 44 threads each . They are actually 2699v4’s just rebranded for workstations )
Titan X - 12GB SC
LG 38uc99 x 2 Monitors

GTX 650 (for testing)
GTX 750 (for testing)

So As I had said 1 CPU rocks . Even 2 E5-2603 v4's work but add a second e5 2696 v4 and it hangs just after the MAC Framework/ I/o Clusters Statement on booting.
The 2nd CPU has been swapped for the 1st to verify is IS working just fine by itself.

I've tried:

-Limiting the cores/threads to 32/64 in bios. (Any higher and it KP's from the get go- I know this is a limit)
-Disabling/Enabling , EIST, Vt-d Virtualization, power management, USB 3, Azalia, Hyper thread, UEFI vs Legacy with PCI cards.

If I can get this thing running at 32/64 threads.. Perhaps even at max 44 cores/ 88 threads it will be among the top OSX in the world.

Credits go to Metacollin, Pikeralpha,TPWUk, Panamax, Violition, and many more....!

I build a same Hackintosh with E5 2696 V4 22 cores, single CPU ONLY, but it looks only 16 cores recognized and work, it can simple use the vmare fusion to check it, only 16 cores in the list...
and no cpu usage can bigger than 3200% , no matter how I try.

Is it any patch to fix the 22 cores issue? please help, how can I get 22 cores all work?

Hi, jandypants

I recently put together a similar E5 2696 V4 X 2 Dual CPU (Supermicro X10dai latest bios v 2.0A) system with Quadro P4000 graphics card.
  • It works on 10.12.6. (kind of)
  • 22 cores/44 T works.
The problems I have:

• Unable to launch Terminal (Process killed by Singal 11 error)
  • Google Chrome Crash Report on opening. Once clicked ignore, it can work. I suspect it is caused by similar issue.
  • AE Plug-in installer from Red Gaint link does not work.
I would love to know if you have sorted out your problems and if you do, can you please recommend a setup that works for this rig? It would be great to get Terminal working.

Regards

Hey everyone,

Titan X - 12GB SC
LG 38uc99 x 2 Monitors

GTX 650 (for testing)
GTX 750 (for testing)

I've tried:

Hey everyone,

Titan X - 12GB SC
LG 38uc99 x 2 Monitors

GTX 650 (for testing)
GTX 750 (for testing)

I've tried:

@Borden, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

jandypants was last seen: Jun 4, 2017

Ok, good news. I can now confirm the dual CPU system works.

• 2 x Intel E5 2696 v4 CPU (22 cores/44 threads)
  • Supermicro X10dai latest bios v 2.0A
  • 64 Gb Ram
  • Quadro P4000
  • OSX 10.12.6 Sierra
You MUST only enable 16 cores max on the CPU via BIOS to make it work. Anything over 16 cores will cause crashes on many applications such as "Terminal" due to the additional number of cores/threads.

So the final running system is 16 Cores/32 Threads X 2 (32 Cores)
If you enable only 12 cores you will gets CPU information display correctly on system report.
I have attached my test results for your information. You can see the performance difference between C4D benchmark which we are using for graphics rendering etc.

I can live with that 1k points drop, having to reduce about 1/3 of the performance in order to get better stability, the trade off is totally worth it.

I hope it helps.

Hey everyone,

Titan X - 12GB SC
LG 38uc99 x 2 Monitors

GTX 650 (for testing)
GTX 750 (for testing)

I've tried:

Attachments

• E516-Cores.jpg
    E516-Cores.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back