Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z97x-gaming 5
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
GTX 1660 super gaming x
My old PC is dead, either CPU or mb, it's time to try something else.

i have my old GPU, GTX 1660, i know this one will never work with hackintosh.
but i have GTX960, which i read, could work with web driver.

i am planning to buy AMD chip R5600, but since it doesn't have iGPU, am i able to build hackintosh with these 2?
I don't understand the web driver part, does it mean i have to have a iGPU first before otherwise i would never have a chance to install the web driver?

appreciate your help ! 1st time to build hackintosh!

i am planning to buy AMD chip R5600, but since it doesn't have iGPU, am i able to build hackintosh with these 2?
I don't understand the web driver part, does it mean i have to have a iGPU first before otherwise i would never have a chance to install the web driver?

you can use High Sierra only with that video card

thanks!
i thought i need iGPU to get system running before i can download nvidia web driver to enable my GTX960
no, no need for that

plug monitor into your nvidia and install macOS

you may find the graphics are a little "choppy" until you install the drivers

For a first attempt, installing an old version of macOS on Ryzen may not be the best choice.
Intel builds are generally easier, and up-to-date guidance here is for recent versions of macOS.

Good choice of CPU sir!. Can I ask what motherboard you're planning on using?. If this is your first Hackintosh I would take etorix advice and install either Big Sur or Monterey which would likely mean a new GPU, fortunately we're fast approaching GPU price crash as both AMD and NVIDIA prepare to launch their new GPU's. Not sure I agree that Intel is easier to build, the only confusing bit is the patches in the EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back