Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MA
CPU
i3-2105
Graphics
8400GS
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey guys, im going to start buying some parts to put together a hackintosh..going to use my existing antec case and psu and get the parts listed in the customac section..

question, does it matter which hdd and optical drive i use? can it be any hdd or does it have to be one listed in the customac section? thx a lot, great forum.

Oh excellent...and i take it the PSU doesnt matter either as long as its a good psu that doesnt cause instability.

Another question, i'm kind of confused, with the suggested hardware on the customac page, the gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard i want to buy says it has no onboard video yet there are video ports onboard...does this mean those ports utilize the graphics capability built into to the intel processor? So does that mean i wont need a dedicated vid card at all and can go straight to Lion? i dont game or anything...

Hunng said:
Another question, i'm kind of confused, with the suggested hardware on the customac page, the gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard i want to buy says it has no onboard video yet there are video ports onboard...does this mean those ports utilize the graphics capability built into to the intel processor? So does that mean i wont need a dedicated vid card at all and can go straight to Lion? i dont game or anything...
The HD3000(GPU) is in the CPU.

Hunng said:

Yes, the video ports on the motherboard utilize the GPU built into the Intel Sandy Bridge CPU.

You can go straight to Lion without using a dedicated video card if your CPU has HD3000 graphics, which means one of the following : Core i3-2105, Core i3-2125, Core i5-2405S, Core i5-2500K, Core i7-2600K and Core i7-2700K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back