PNY GeForce GTX 760 OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
Yesterday my screen broke forcing me to use VGA instead of DVI. Today I tried doing a clean install of Yosemite but throughout the whole installation the screen resolution was 1024x768. It wasn't a problem though and I successfully installed Yosemite. I thought the resolution would change to 1920x1080 after restarting, but after restarting and going to the final setup stuff for OS X the screen resolution was still 1024x768. I tried to raise the resolution in the System Preferences but 1920x1080 wasn't there.
I used Multibeast to finish setting everything up and restarted hoping that after that the resolution I needed would be there but it still wasn't.
Any help would be great,

Thanks,

i don't know how to fix this so it will make the resolution 1920X1080 appear in your system preferences but you can always download software that will allow you to change your resolution. the best one that i know is Switchresx.

i don't know how to fix this so it will make the resolution 1920X1080 appear in your system preferences but you can always download software that will allow you to change your resolution. the best one that i know is Switchresx.

Ok, thanks. I'll check that out.

I tried SwitchResX and also tried clicking on "Scaled" in the display settings while pressing the "option" key. Both of those did what it shown in the picture attached. Sorry for the bad photo, it was taken with my dumb-phone's camera. I hope you can see it clearly, if you want I could use my real camera to get a better picture.
Can this problem be fixed?

Attachments

• Picture1116141733_1.jpg
    Picture1116141733_1.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 222
*bump again*

You are indeed lucky using VGA at all. As you are using a SandyBridge processor on a IvyBridge motherboard a simple suggestion would be to use the mixed graphics patch from MultiBeast. And remove the VGA cable once you've shut down and connect a digital cable such as DVI, HDMI, DP.

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 21.03.23.png

You are indeed lucky using VGA at all. As you are using a SandyBridge processor on a IvyBridge motherboard a simple suggestion would be to use the mixed graphics patch from MultiBeast. And remove the VGA cable once you've shut down and connect a digital cable such as DVI, HDMI, DP.

View attachment 114580

Sorry, I should have said this before but I am using a PNY GeForce GTX 760 OC GPU, not Intel HD graphics... And my monitor doesn't have HDMI so I wouldn't be able to use that either.

Sorry, I should have said this before but I am using a PNY GeForce GTX 760 OC GPU, not Intel HD graphics... And my monitor doesn't have HDMI so I wouldn't be able to use that either.

If your monitor doesn't have DVI, HDMI or DP only VGA then I would ask Santa for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back