i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hard to believe almost 20 years have gone by. Will we ever see Mac OS XI ? Possibly this year or next ?

Last edited:
Hard to believe almost 20 years have gone by. Well we ever see Mac OS XI ? Possibly this year or next ?

That's a good point. We've seen Microsoft move up to version 10 and stick there too. I wonder what the relevance is of "Version 10" of anything?

Edit: Just seen @MacMan 's reply .... Ah! :thumbup:

I wonder what the relevance is of "Version 10" of anything?

10 is associated with perfection, completion, being the best etc. That's why there is the fixation on it.

Just added a brief video to post #1. Hard to imagine that Apple used to charge $129 US to buy the early versions of OS X.
Even harder to imagine that they charged laggards $169 to upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard back in 2009.

Screen Shot 48.jpg

Last edited:
WWDC this year macOS 11 the first release to support ARM based MacBook.
You may be right. They've had these running in their labs for years now. macOS 11 it shall be. They'll probably announce one ARM model Macbook (or whatever they call it) to get developers working on their apps this year so they're ready for 2021. 20 years is the longest Apple has ever stayed with anything. Mac OS X / macOS 10 is due for an upgrade and overhaul soon.

Last edited:
You may be right. They've had these running in their labs for years now. macOS 11 it shall be. They'll probably announce one ARM model Macbook (or whatever they call it) to get developers working on their apps this year so they're ready for 2021. 20 years is the longest Apple has ever stayed with anything. Mac OS X / macOS 10 is due for an upgrade and overhaul soon.

When OS X came out it was said the "X" did not stand for 10 but instead was a variable for all OS to come. I like the rest of the Tech floor at the time was windows so I was not part of all the nerd rage about OS X...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back