Contribute
Register

18,3 SMBIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has Handoff working with iMac18,3 system definition, we know it's not an SMBIOS issue.

In System Report, it states Handoff is supported, yet, doesn't seem to be functional. Could I not be using Handoff properly? I mean, I should just have, say, a window open in Safari and it should appear on the Mac, right?

While we're on the exploratory subject of 18,3, is this graph a normal temp graph for a processor OC'd to 5ghz?

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 2.21.01 PM.png

Not doing much here other than using Firefox, iMessage, and the HW Monitor application.

It's hard to say what "normal" temps are. It seems each CPU is slightly different due to Intel's inefficient TIM and manufacturing variances.

Are you using HW Monitor and have you graphed yours?

I use iStat menus. My CPU idles at around 33-36C and hits a max of 77-78C on full load. But my CPU has been delidded. This is at 5.1GHz with Noctua air cooler.

I'll keep iStat in mind moving forward. Do you find it better than HW Monitor?

I have handoff working on 18,3, if that helps at all.

Are you using the Fenvi card, or something else? Did you have to do anything specific to enable it?

The fenvi t919. I didn't do anything special other than check the box in System Preferences and turn it on in iOS. It started working immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back