Contribute
Register

18,3 SMBIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PM of Skylake and Kabylake isn't that much different. Quick Geekbench an prime95 tests show that the 18,3 bios is stable and performs about the same. The one issue I haven't been able to resolve with my hack has been TB3 / usb C power mgmt and the new iMac is closer to my MB than the older 17,x which does not have either. Doesn't seem to be any harm in running the newer smbios that I can see. USB seems to behave properly with xelanaiznac's modified USBInjectAll.kext.
In the end, if it works for you, go for it.

In the end, if it works for you, go for it.
Its working. SimpleMLB made a usable serial all my "i" things are working. USB C power mgmt error persists but thats for another thread. I noticed that yesterday rehabman released .62 of USBInjectAll which is newer than the one xelanaiznac posted up thread. The readme mentions 18,2 and 18,3 support as new features. I'm running it now with no issues.

Its working. SimpleMLB made a usable serial all my "i" things are working. USB C power mgmt error persists but thats for another thread. I noticed that yesterday rehabman released .62 of USBInjectAll which is newer than the one xelanaiznac posted up thread. The readme mentions 18,2 and 18,3 support as new features. I'm running it now with no issues.
Great - thanks for passing notification of the update on! :)

I decided to try iMac18,3 again with the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext. I'm happy to report that all is working great now. All USB devices are working and my PCI-e card issues have been resolved.

I decided to try iMac18,3 again with the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext. I'm happy to report that all is working great now. All USB devices are working and my PCI-e card issues have been resolved.
That is, version 0.6.2, right? Downloaded from RehabMan bitbucket?

You want the one dated 7/24 from his bitbucket.

EDIT: or later of course... ;)

Last edited:
That is, version 0.6.2, right? Downloaded from RehabMan bitbucket?

Yes. 0.6.2.

As JCMunsonII stated, the one dated July 24 from bitbucket.

Yes. 0.6.2.

As JCMunsonII stated, the one dated July 24 from bitbucket.
Thank you both. It's strange, since that version is the one I'm using, together with 18,3 SMBIOS, but USB ports are not working. I'm currently testing on a i7-7700 and Z270M-D3H.

Along with this raise port limit patch, on Sierra 10.12.6:

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g710////EA==
                </data>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.12.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g710////Gw==
                </data>
            </dict>

EDIT: Now I've noticed the patch says "100-series", is there a new one for 200 series motherboards?
EDIT2: Nevermind, I've installed XHCI-200 series injector and now it works great

Last edited:
Thank you both. It's strange, since that version is the one I'm using, together with 18,3 SMBIOS, but USB ports are not working. I'm currently testing on a i7-7700 and Z270M-D3H.

Along with this raise port limit patch, on Sierra 10.12.6:

EDIT: Now I've noticed the patch says "100-series", is there a new one for 200 series motherboards?
EDIT2: Nevermind, I've installed XHCI-200 series injector and now it works great
You want to make sure you implement the custom USB port patch for USBInjectAll if you haven't done so already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back