Contribute
Register

18,3 SMBIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a look in IORegistryExplorer this morning and noted that all my HS ports are listed even though I've removed them from my custom SSDT.

However, the ports I'm using are all operating correctly, and, in fact, working better than previously. I used to have an issue ejecting USB keys from the SS ports - that's no longer a problem as they eject immediately and without issue.

Have you tried xelanaiznac's modified USBInjectAll.kext?

I don't want to do any restarts yet so I haven't tested anything... I want to leave my system up and running for a week or so to ensure sleep/wake are working properly with macOS 10.12.6 before doing any restarts.

Have you tried xelanaiznac's modified USBInjectAll.kext?

I don't want to do any restarts yet so I haven't tested anything... I want to leave my system up and running for a week or so to ensure sleep/wake are working properly with macOS 10.12.6 before doing any restarts.
I haven't - I want to know what he changed (and why, if at all possible) before I do that. Mostly because I'd really like to understand more about these systems.

Since yesterday afternoon, sleep has functioned just fine.

The whole iCloud/iMessage bit worked out fine - no issues setting that up again. iTunes also continues to work just fine too.

Ran another GeekBench - 6557/23649. Not much has changed in terms of overall system performance.

I see that @xelanaiznac added the 18,3 section to the kext. I'll add it and report back.

OK - success! Using @xelanaiznac 's modified kext with the 18,3 section added works as expected!

Hmm... it seems Handoff no longer works. It did under 14,2. Truthfully, though, I didn't make use of it, so that's a minor thing.

Will try a restart, in case that's needed (not sure if I did that after I signed back in to iCloud, etc.).

Handoff is indeed not working. What's needed to figure out how to fix that?

We need to know if that's an Apple services issue or an SMBIOS issue.

How do we determine which it is?

(I screwed up my BIOS when trying to adjust the overclocking...whoops...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back