Contribute
Register

18,3 SMBIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've changed to 18,3, no black screen problem. So, now to re-generate board ID and UUID per Idiot's Guide...

So far, so good!

Are you using any PCI-e cards besides video card and Wife/Bluetooth card?

Are you using any PCI-e cards besides video card and Wife/Bluetooth card?
No, I am not.

The USB ports I checked are working well, and working better than under 14,2.

with 18,2 and 18,3 my usb ports behave stupid.
external usb drive show up as internal usb drives. bootarg to exclude ports doesn't work. usbinjectall.kext is loading.

with 17,1 smbios all works as expected.

with 18,2 and 18,3 my usb ports behave stupid.
external usb drive show up as internal usb drives. bootarg to exclude ports doesn't work. usbinjectall.kext is loading.

with 17,1 smbios all works as expected.
While I still have more examination to do under 18,3, I'm not seeing the USB port issue. Given what you stated, it seems to me more likely it is the way you have your system set up and not 18,3. I would suggest doing the patch as Pastrychef and I have alluded to in posts #7 and #8 above.

Also, the mods would request that you update your system profile with your motherboard, cpu, and graphics information, so that others can more quickly assist you.

While I still have more examination to do under 18,3, I'm not seeing the USB port issue. Given what you stated, it seems to me more likely it is the way you have your system set up and not 18,3. I would suggest doing the patch as Pastrychef and I have alluded to in posts #7 and #8 above.

Also, the mods would request that you update your system profile with your motherboard, cpu, and graphics information, so that others can more quickly assist you.

+1

This is good advice.

Another user, xelanaiznac, has also experienced USB issues when using iMac18,3. His post is here .

Good to keep an eye on these things, Post #544 is of interest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back