Contribute
Register

17" iMac G4 MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow impressive work. would you share the board diagram and vectors? thx

Very nice. I do have a question: The specific lcd you installed has two connectors. One (20 pin) is dedicated to driving the RGB backlighting, if I'm correct. The other being the 40-pin lvds cable. I'm wondering if it works with just the lvds only, or if you needed extra wiring or the 20-pin cable. I have the same screen myself (LP171WU5-TLB1) and have not done anything with it yet. It's for another project.
By the way, great case mod. I didn't realize Asus manufactured such thin ITX motherboards. And nice custom I/O board :).

Last edited:
My respect for this mods. I checked their page chiphell.com and they have amazing and perfect mods.

My respect for this mods. I checked their page chiphell.com and they have amazing and perfect mods.
Looks like it's down now. Shame they never shared the board plans though, that would've been awesome.

man i would love to have that custom pcb for the g4 that i have!

Better late than never : Wow man! Very Beautiful, Driven, Perseverent, ... Damn! where are the words to express my admiration?
Respect and Awe for your work.

That's a super-made mod!
I'm also about to make one!
Is it possible to get such a board! I know it was a lot of work!
Greetings from Austria

One of the best !!!

Hi 330318586, could you possibly tell me how you reassembled back the original fan? I have replaced the stator and controller board with a PWM one from another fan like you did, but I can't remember the order of the rings and washers that go back on the shaft. I know the white one is last, but where do the 3 black ones go? Hope you respond soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back