1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Yall,

So i just upgraded my Mighty Hack Mini from 2x4gb(8gb) sticks to 2x8gb(16gb).

The 16bg is showing up in my about mac and in my system info, but when i look at my activity monitor it's only using 8gb.

I've tried to reseat the ram and made sure its plugged in properly, and it works in my windows partition, but not sure whats up.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 7.26.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 7.26.34 PM.png
    573.7 KB · Views: 427
double check your manual and re-read the section on which slots to install ram in if you are not filling all slots.

I just ran into the same problem, and mine is that I can't get OSX to boot from the Hard Drive, so I am still booting from iBoot. iBoot only allows 4 gigs RAM to run, so even though I installed 16, 4 only work.

If you're still running off iBoot, this could be your problem.

@sgrinalds
What system definition are you using. Your screen shot shows 4 memory banks, so that might be an issue. Also if you take out a module does it show 8GB and then switch? :thumbup:

@Matrice666
Change to rBoot until you get your system booting from HD. On my Hackintosh, it showed all 16GB, when I was doing some trouble shooting. :thumbup:

I have the Mac Mini system definition installed using the newest Multibeast (4.3 and chameleon). I have tried removing a stick and everything goes back to 8gb, then when I reinstall, it shows the 16gb in my Sys profile but just doesn't seem to be using it in activity monitor.

ahhhhhhhhhhh help?

Could it be that the real mac mini maxes out ram at 8gb ?

sgrinalds said:
I have the Mac Mini system definition installed using the newest Multibeast (4.3 and chameleon). I have tried removing a stick and everything goes back to 8gb, then when I reinstall, it shows the 16gb in my Sys profile but just doesn't seem to be using it in activity monitor.

ahhhhhhhhhhh help?

Could it be that the real mac mini maxes out ram at 8gb ?
Good thought and yes it does. Not sure what changing a system definition does on a working hackintosh, but would be a good search. :think:

BUMP:

Does anyone know if the MacMini System Definition could be limiting my usable ram to 8gbs instead of using the full 16gb that shows installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back