Graphics
Nvidia GTX 570
Mac
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac, SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey Yall,

So i just upgraded my Mighty Hack Mini from 2x4gb(8gb) sticks to 2x8gb(16gb).

The 16bg is showing up in my about mac and in my system info, but when i look at my activity monitor it's only using 8gb.

I've tried to reseat the ram and made sure its plugged in properly, and it works in my windows partition, but not sure whats up.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
double check your manual and re-read the section on which slots to install ram in if you are not filling all slots.

Motherboard
GAZ68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
Core i5 2500
Graphics
Radeon HD 5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I just ran into the same problem, and mine is that I can't get OSX to boot from the Hard Drive, so I am still booting from iBoot. iBoot only allows 4 gigs RAM to run, so even though I installed 16, 4 only work.

If you're still running off iBoot, this could be your problem.

Motherboard
LION 10.7.2
CPU
3.39 GHz Intel Core i7-2600K
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB
Mac
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
@sgrinalds
What system definition are you using. Your screen shot shows 4 memory banks, so that might be an issue. Also if you take out a module does it show 8GB and then switch? :thumbup:

@Matrice666
Change to rBoot until you get your system booting from HD. On my Hackintosh, it showed all 16GB, when I was doing some trouble shooting. :thumbup:

Motherboard
CustoMac Mini
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 570
Mac
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac, SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have the Mac Mini system definition installed using the newest Multibeast (4.3 and chameleon). I have tried removing a stick and everything goes back to 8gb, then when I reinstall, it shows the 16gb in my Sys profile but just doesn't seem to be using it in activity monitor.

ahhhhhhhhhhh help?

Could it be that the real mac mini maxes out ram at 8gb ?

Motherboard
LION 10.7.2
CPU
3.39 GHz Intel Core i7-2600K
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB
Mac
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
sgrinalds said:
I have the Mac Mini system definition installed using the newest Multibeast (4.3 and chameleon). I have tried removing a stick and everything goes back to 8gb, then when I reinstall, it shows the 16gb in my Sys profile but just doesn't seem to be using it in activity monitor.

ahhhhhhhhhhh help?

Could it be that the real mac mini maxes out ram at 8gb ?
Good thought and yes it does. Not sure what changing a system definition does on a working hackintosh, but would be a good search. :think:

Motherboard
CustoMac Mini
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 570
Mac
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac, SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
BUMP:

Does anyone know if the MacMini System Definition could be limiting my usable ram to 8gbs instead of using the full 16gb that shows installed?