Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased the following upgrades for my 4530s

128 gb SSD - 130
2 TB 2.5" HD (For second hd bay) - 220
2630QM i7 - 250
16 gb's of 1333 memory - 120
screen and cable - 120

Even all that and the price of the laptop STILL does not equal the price of a macbook pro. heh. And i am fairly sure i will have an absolute powerhouse and all around amazing laptop. I just did the screen... which is gorgeous .

If you still waiting the CPU you have to open and take apart AGAIN everything in order to install it. :D

uscgmatthew said:
I just purchased the following upgrades for my 4530s

128 gb SSD - 130
2 TB 2.5" HD (For second hd bay) - 220
2630QM i7 - 250
16 gb's of 1333 memory - 120
screen and cable - 120

Even all that and the price of the laptop STILL does not equal the price of a macbook pro. heh. And i am fairly sure i will have an absolute powerhouse and all around amazing laptop. I just did the screen... which is gorgeous .

That sounds great! I was reading on the HP support site that the 4530s doesn't support a 5400 RPM drive bigger than 640 GB and a 7200 RPM drive bigger than 500 GB. Could you confirm to me is this works for you?

Thanks!

Sure will! soon as i install it..

at the moment i have a 5400 rpm 1tb... and it works great lol.

namio said:
i thought (was hoping) the extra ram would fix the random lines and freezes on the graphics, but no luck unfortunately...does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

An app called fan control fixes these graphic issues Here you go
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23137/fan-control

I haven't had any problems with my graphics since I installed it really does work!!! INSTALL THEN REBOOT SUCCESS

Done deal! Looking to put in my order for 16GB of SO-DIMMs. :headbang:

What's the point of 16g ram? I have 8g on my Imac which I use to edit huge 1080p videos aand have never maxed out the 8g. If there is a reason let me know because I truly have never used up all 8g.

interestingly, i tried to revert back to windows 7 for a while last week and the computer was frustratingly slow...although i put a lot of that down to the bloatware installed by HP and the seemingly constant updating of windows 7

the computer seems to work much better as a mac than as a pc

Seems there is a problem with 4530s (i've got i5 Core I5 2450 4 gb ram ddr3
AMD HD7470M 1gb ddrr/Intel hd3000) and 16GB ram, because, when u put the 2 x 8GB, or just 8GB and 4 GB, there is drammaticaly slow down of windows7 boot time (and everything else though), and u cannot work with audio apps anymore (DPC latency checker run full of red bars against normal work with only one stick of ram). Trying several different BIOS version didnt solve the problem, so probably something with chipset bug expecialy within 4530s ?

Tried same memorys (two Transcend 1333 8GB sticks) in HP Pavilion G6 (same chipset, i3 procesor 6450graphics with HD3000 also), and works like charm (excelent response in DPC and everything works fine with full 16GB).

Any clue ?

I put a Kinston 12800 1600Mhz 8G with a Kinston 10600 1333Mhz
The system shows 12G at 1600Mhz, running smoothly without any problems.

System memory get improved about 200 points from GBench.

does the system seem more snappy with faster and/or more ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back