Contribute
Register

16gb ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Geekbench because its universal....I can use it on Windows, iOS, Android.....I do use iMovie and hopefully soon will be getting Final Cut, so yes, I have a reason for alot of RAM......

geekbench is no reliable indicator of the performance of your machine is when it comes to adding real time effects and editing mastering and encoding 15,30,60 minutes of HD video. if you are serious about video editing, you could get final cut, and test the time it takes for you to do whatever video tasks you are going to spend most time doing. let us know how long it takes to encode a blu ray quality 60 minute video clip on your pro book with 4gb and 16gb? report back when you have done that.

I just installed the 16GB 1333MHZ Crucial Kit and everything looks normal, I think I will do some test but really I don't know like what kind:/ I just a regular guy who knows not really much. By the way, I trying to install windows 7 for a dual boot, but when I install again chimera to have a access a mac osx a soon I restart the pc the only option I have is mac os, also I can't see the partition from windows on mac os, I have done this before with the old hard drive and never had any issues, this is why I need some help. sorry for the bad english, any help will be great..

I just installed the 16GB 1333MHZ Crucial Kit and everything looks normal, I think I will do some test but really I don't know like what kind:/ I just a regular guy who knows not really much.

MemTest86 is pretty much the gold standard. You can make a USB and boot to it...

By the way, I trying to install windows 7 for a dual boot, but when I install again chimera to have a access a mac osx a soon I restart the pc the only option I have is mac os, also I can't see the partition from windows on mac os, I have done this before with the old hard drive and never had any issues, this is why I need some help. sorry for the bad english, any help will be great..

You might take a look at my multi-boot blog article which details quad boot. You can do just the sections applicable to your situation. See link in my signature. It sounds to me like you didn't make the partition first in OS X (or something dangerous).

So for this to work Do I need to install first Windows 7 and then Mac OS? May be that is why is not working!

That's the way I wrote the guide because it cuts down on the number steps. But you can do it either way. If I had written the guide the opposite way, installing OS X first, then I would have had to re-install Chimera/Chameleon after installing Windows because the Windows installer will wipe out the boot loader.

Important part is to create the partition using OS X Disk Utility (and/or gparted+gptsync) like I did in the guide, then use Custom install in the Windows installer to *only* format as NTFS (if needed) and to do *never* do any partition creation/deleting/resizing/etc in Windows.

I have windows 7 and OSX working but windows boot time is really slow now so what I did was remove a module of ram and everything going to normal, so Windows in this pro book can't run very well with 16GB of ram, ML works well but maybe works better only with 8GB like Windows at least in my pro book. I hope this can be fixed on a Bios update or something like that... Thanks to you all people for make this possible...!! Gracias

I have heard mixed results about running 16GB RAM in Windows 7...I just decide not to dual-boot and use this laptop as OS X only.....Windows Machines are so easy to get, Hackintosh is picky...I have about 4 other PCs in this house for Windows....

I have heard mixed results about running 16GB RAM in Windows 7...I just decide not to dual-boot and use this laptop as OS X only.....Windows Machines are so easy to get, Hackintosh is picky...I have about 4 other PCs in this house for Windows....

I run 16GB just fine in my desktop. But HP specs for the Probook 4530s state 8GB max, both on HP.com and in the 4530s service manual.

Well I guess I going to let the 16GB on the hackbook because runs fine, I just installed again my i5 and I will sell the i7 because I don't really use all the potential and I with like to build a Hackintosh on a G5 case. Thanks to all this awesome people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back