1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I'm running Mountain Lion on my Hackintosh, specs as follows

Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3 F11 Bios
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 8gb DDR3 (2x 4gb)
Nvidia EVGA GTX660 2gb DDR5
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

All seems to be running well but my RAM seems to be coming up as 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz so I don't think it's running at the speeds it should be? I even checked the sticks to make sure and they're definitely labeled 1600mhz on the side! When I turn my computer it even says 1333mhz in the brief screen the flashes up, is there a setting I changed in bios to make it work as 16000mhz?

I don't remember seeing an option in the bios, where would I find it?

In the bios under MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.), you can adjust the memory's frequency under Advanced Memory Settings by selecting Profile1 in Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.). Here is the source where I got my info. http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/optimal-bios-configuration.html

"We'll start from the Advanced Frequency Settings, to adjust the Memory Frequency.
I'll just select XMP to let it configure all clocks (and memory voltage).
When using an i5, the XMP will also adjust the BCLK and Memory Multiplier to suit best values for both CPU and RAM."

I went into the bios and had a look... I also looked at my motherboards specications and realised it only goes up to 1333mhz :( Guess there's no way of getting it up to 1600mhz if that's the case to suit my RAM?

Oops :rolleyes:

I am sorry. I can not help you with that one. At least the ram works with the motherboard though.

Sorry late to this thread. H61 + Sandy Bridge, you will only get 1333MHz speed because that's what SB officially support. Anything higher will be considered OC, which H61 doesn't support.

H61 + Ivy Bridge, you will get 1600MHz, because that's what IB officially support.

In my case, I done the following and got the following RAM speeds:
H61 + i3-2125: 1333MHz,
Z68 + i3-2125: 1600MHz (or higher, but I didn't try)
H61 + i7-3770: 1600MHz
Z68 + i7-2700K: 2133MHz (what the RAMs are rated at)
Z77 + i3-2125: 1600MHz (or higher, but I didn't try)
Z77 + i7-3770: 2133MHz (what the RAMs are rated at)

I don't OC, so I have only tried as high as the RAM rating. But one thing for sure, H61 didn't allow me to set the RAM speed higher than what's officially supported with that generation of CPUs.

Ive just built this Gigabox and am having exactly the same issue... however booting under clover!!! Mu xmp is set to Profile 1 and the slider to 16.. and registers 1600Mhz..

Booting into windows it records as 1600Mhz and previously booting with Chameleon it booted 1600 Mhz

Is this a bug in Clover?

For the record my mem sticks are 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3's

ie43o7.png snm16e.png

and PC1 profile selected at 1600Mhz in Bios!!!!

Cpu-z correct, Bios Correct.. Mavericks under clover - plain Wrong!

SOLVED

Under Clover make sure you have SMBIOS KEY "Trust" with a value set to TRUE (on congig.cfg) rather than blank (default via the current Tony Clover Install guide)

Some say it also depends on the processor, however my guess is that it's just a matter of Mobo support (not talking about OC here).

When we check for the official specifications for your GA-H61M-USB3-B3, it states :

Support for DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules

So your motherboard has no support for the maximum frequency supported by your RAM : (

That post is old but that could be a clue for other people encountering this problem.

View attachment 103200 View attachment 103201

and PC1 profile selected at 1600Mhz in Bios!!!!

Cpu-z correct, Bios Correct.. Mavericks under clover - plain Wrong!

SOLVED

Under Clover make sure you have SMBIOS KEY "Trust" with a value set to TRUE (on congig.cfg) rather than blank (default via the current Tony Clover Install guide)

YOU ARE THE MAN!
you made my day, I was running at 1333 since I switched to clover a couple of years ago!

thank you very much ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back