3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I've read all your adventures to update the "old lamp" to the modern era, and I'm planning to do the same...but I need some help from you because I would like to put a Retina Display on the G4 15", but I can't find the exact dimensions of the G4 screen so if someone could misure it, I would know if the retina would fit...
After this I'm planning to use the Asus h81t, intel i5 4460, remove the optical drive and keep as much as I can of the original external design...

any suggestions appreciated :thumbup:

Got a iMac G4 15inches @ home, but don't have any ruler haha ! Will borrow one at work tomorrow and give you everything ;)

Hey XMad,

nice idea! Consider that the iMac 15 inch had a display with a resolution of 1024x768 - so this is an aspect ratio of 4:3. Most modern displays, like the Retina of a MBP have an apct ratio of 16:9 or 16:10 - "widescreen". So you will have to modify or recreate the housing.

Good luck,
Jascha

the iMac 15 inch had a display with a resolution of 1024x768 - so this is an aspect ratio of 4:3

Thank you Jascha for the reply, are you sure about it? from the image I've seen on the internet I can't figure it out so I was writing here to know if the aspect ration and the overall dimensions of the "lamp" screen assembly could fit the 16:10 retina mounted on the MBP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back