Intel HD4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 1.24.18 PM.png

As you can see above, I have an Asus PB278Q (native res 2560x1400) that OSX is recognizing as a 1080p monitor.

My specs are:
Intel i7-4790s
Gigabyte H87N-Wifi rev 2.0
Intel HD4600 Graphics
Mavericks 10.9.4

View attachment smbios.plist
View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Does anyone have experience with this hardware stack that could give me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong?

Also on bootup it does the annoying fuzzy screen thing before the login screen pops up. This is a secondary concern as I hardly ever reboot my computers but if that can also be taken care of that would be much appreciated

My monitor is having the same problem its not recognizing it as a 1440p monitor. What connection are you using?

My monitor is having the same problem its not recognizing it as a 1440p monitor. What connection are you using?

there might be a chance that Hackintoshs only can out put at 1080 over hdmi

there might be a chance that Hackintoshs only can out put at 1080 over hdmi
I had it at 1440p before, but I was using Intel 4400 which isn't really supported and had tearing on the desktop. I upgraded to 4600 to get rid of the tearing. I suppose its possible, if unlikely, that 1440p somehow worked with an unsupported chip set but not with the supported one. I'll see if I can get a DVI cable to test.

Oh ok. Well I really need to figure this one out. My monitor only has a VGA and a DVI-D. Right now I'm using HDMI to DVI-D and it is having this problem. But when I try a DisplayPort to DVI-D it won't Boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back