gt430
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi,

i need to install a pci 1394 host for my firewire audio interface,any suggestion?
can my hackintosh recognize pci 1394 host ?the chipset should be t.i. chip,right?
my motherboard is gigabyte p55-usb3
with snow leopard 10.6.6

thanks

thank you,

but i need pci not pci-e

emusp1200 said:
thank you,

but i need pci not pci-e
Other World Computing is the best place for 3rd party Mac stuff including PCI FW cards.

You can aways find PCI Firewire cards on eBay that cost next to nothing. I used the following search criteria and found over 1200 results:
pci (firewire,1394,1394a,1394b,fw400,fw800) -"pci-e"

I have an older Adaptec PCI Firewire 400 card TI chipset (works out of box). You might be able to find one of these on e-bay. The important thing is the TI chipset.

-Mike

emusp1200 said:
i need to install a pci 1394 host for my firewire audio interface,any suggestion?
can my hackintosh recognize pci 1394 host ?the chipset should be t.i. chip,right?
my motherboard is gigabyte p55-usb3
with snow leopard 10.6.6

With the GA-H55-USB3 I am using, successfully, the SIIG NN-400012 (note: there is an -S8 version which is newer, I have not tried it).

It is an older card, which I had laying around.

pehera said:
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10334
Way too expensive. You can pick one a Sig for 1/3 the cost or a no name card for 1/4 the cost. My $20 Dynex works great.

Thus, it's either eBay or Other World Computing.

Stork said:
pehera said:
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10334
Way too expensive. You can pick one a Sig for 1/3 the cost or a no name card for 1/4 the cost. My $20 Dynex works great.

Thus, it's either eBay or Other World Computing.
That's a NICE card though and some FW devices are VERY finicky when it comes to controller chips. I wouldn't cheat myself on hardware because I may as well just get a real mac then. You could buy a mac or get premium parts and have a configurable mac at 2/3 the cost. I wouldn't skimp on hardware.
Plus, what are you using on your FW buss audio wise? If you use DSP solutions, they are VERY finicky so the Sonnets are a good choice too! If you hook up a video cam that's one thing but for audio and video FW devices that need hight bandwidth asynchronous paths, you need a GOOD FW card period... mac or PC.
Myself, I quit the FW thing for audio and went PCIE because hopefully we will see lightpeak PCIE cards soon.

My old SIIG NN-400P12 used to work on my old distro box, so I expect it too work. I have a new system being delivered now. The system will be for a live production rig. I will post results if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back