Contribute
Register

128GB RAM and 16 cores / 32 threads X9DAI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let my know which boot loader you used and any Kernel Flags you set.
I must be overseeing something.

thx

I just did the easybeast install, that's all. Then installed the latest nvidia drivers

I just did the easybeast install, that's all. Then installed the latest nvidia drivers

tHat relaly bugging me.

I reinstalled as you did, updated 10.7.4 , installed NV drivers from NV website and...

Blackscreen. The system seems to running underneath, just no video output

I have trouble installing Lion with the X9DAi and the PNY NVidia quadro 4000. I get to the unibeast disk screen and a short glimpse of the grey apple logo but then the screen turns black...

I have Lion working flawlessly...

any ideas?

Considering doing a build with this, has anyone done their own DSDT for this board?

I have this exact setup I ordered in june for a esxi home lab, having a few problems getting anything other than esxi installed on it. Can someone post their bios settings for reference? Also is anyone running 10.8 on this stable yet? Thanks!

just to let anyone know who built this rig with the X9DAI:
Unibeast 1.5.2 for Lion does not work

I had this machine running flawlessly on Lion since August. But last week i ****ed something up in the system folder, so I had to reinstall the whole thing.
Turns out that the newest Unibeast for Lion seems to hang at the grey Apple logo and never reaches the installer. Although the Tonymacx68's policy is, that the unibeast software does not get uploaded to other places, I was lucky to find an old (1.3.0) version somewhere online. With that unibeast version installation was possible and I got my rig set up again.

I am so sorry to bring this up again :/ But Ive spent weeks on this trying to get function haha.

Currently I have the X9DAI motherboard.
XFX GTS 250
128 SSD
32 GB Ram
Xeon E5-2630 Sandy Bridge-EP 2.3GHz
[h=1][/h]I have seen this build all over this thread (Minus the graphics card)

Here are the issues im running into and Id love if anyone could help me :/

Lion installs great with the boot flag "npci=x3000" no problems at all there.
Heres where the problems come in....
-Ethernet didn't work so I patched it and then it worked fine
-Audio doesn't work nomatter what I try
-Graphics card not recognized at all, 1024 X 768 is the max and Ive tried every trick I could dig up and everything on this thread
-The lion install I have is 10.7 and I already have one booting hackintosh with the same graphics card so I figured why not try to update Lion. The end result was a beautiful little kernel panic.
-Then I decided that maybe installing Mountain Lion on it instead would help with the incompatibilities. Wrong
-I used the same method to try and install mountain lion as I did with lion including using the same boot fags. The result seems like it was starting to work but as soon as it begins to start loading the installer GUI it goes black (working in the background but not outputing display so I can do anything!!)

I have tried everything I can think of from GraphicsEnabling to different PCIRootUID's including text injectors. I would be incredibly happy even if someone could give me some help on updating lion. At least then I could try a new set of tricks to get it working again :/

Thank you so much for all of your help.

[SOLVED]

So if your anything like me you were sitting there pulling your hair out because you tried everything to get this to work. I don't want to be one of those selfish people who figure it out and doesn't share lol. No matter what i did I couldn't get past the 1024 X 768 maximum resolution, it wouldn't recognize my card but OSX knew it was there, I tried every driver under the sun. Well I'm here to tell you that you maybe haven't tried EVERYTHING like I thought I had. Here is how I managed to get Mountain Lion working :)

1) Made a proper Unibeast-Multibeast install USB

2) **IMPORTANT** I MADE SURE MY GRAPHICS CARD WAS IN PCI-E SLOT #1!!!!

3) At the Unibeast screen i used he boot flags:
-f F PCIRootUID=0 npci=x3000 busratio=33​
4) Installed normally and applied the boot flag "npci=x3000 PCIRootUID=0" through Champlist. (I highly recommend this program)

I spent about a month trying to get this to work and the key was realizing that the computer wants to use the graphics card in the the PCI-E slot #1 first and uses the second as a back up. If you have any questions on which slot is the first you can always find it in the manual or even by looking at the board itself. After that everything was a breeze with installing the iCloud fix :)

Cheers and good luck!

Audio was simple,

Multibeast 4.6.1
Under Realtek ALC8XX
Check the following

Undefined Device Injector
Apple HDA Rollback
and the Patched Apple HDA for ALC889.

Install and Voila!

Hi Darren1969, have you or anyone else been able to get audio working on 10.8.2? I tried the optimized HDA's and completely exhausted the google search results on the topic. The ALC889 won't work with Voodoo or AppleHDA. I have tried multiple HDAEnablers and still no luck.

I am running the X9DAI without a DSDT and its working well (only scoring 17,000 GB but it beats the 10,000 my 8-core mac scores).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back