Contribute
Register

128GB RAM and 16 cores / 32 threads X9DAI

Status
Not open for further replies.
celstark said:
I'm a registered Dev and have 10.8 - this week is crazy and no chance to play, but next week I can see how it goes. We're you ever able to run GB on Linux or did you ever get a decent OSX score?

My Quadro 2000 is going but OpenGL is very slow (3.8 FPS in Cinebench) and I still need to work out a better Ethernet solution.

Oh man, it would be awesome if you can test 10.8 since you have the same board.

I didn't continue testing anything after the win7 test was fast. I did one linux install, but only tested the install and nothing else.

In cinebench, I only ran the CPU test. I don't have any fast cards yet.

11. No Discussions of Unreleased Software or Developer Builds
Any discussion, mention or links to this software will be deleted. Anyone who blatantly disregards this policy will be banned.

Thanks

Still at around 26.5k GB in OS X and just at 30k in Linux.

celstark, seems like the linux is not running properly either? Should get at least 40K as per the results of the geekench site compared others.

I better do a test before putting in the new X9DRI board for linux with these processors.

Kinda sucks when only windows works. Darn.

Oh man, I thought I was going to be daring and revive my dual quad setup and I came across this today! I'm hoping to get a fully functional system going (the toughest part will be getting a proper DSDT edited).

Supermicro X8DAH+-F
Intel Xeon 5570
Intel Xeon 5560
32 GB Mushkin RAM
AMD 5770

That build looks amazing, I wish I had that kind of cash floating around (alas I have too many hobbies with not enough money to go around).

surrealillusion, seems like the setup you listed should work without any problems.

I fired up the system and loaded Lion onto it (didn't need to change any of the bios settings to have it install and detect the CPU, RAM, etc). Audio and LAN are currently not working. I think I will have to work on modifying my DSDT to get sound working properly and the onboard Intel 82756 NICs aren't supported (the e1000 driver that is included in MultiBeast doesn't support that chipset). Luckily I've got some spare Intel 1000PT's I bought in an Ebay auction a while back that *should* work with the driver.

Any suggestions on where to find information on editing the DSDT? Also do you find your Northbridge and Southbridge to put out a lot of heat? I notice on mine the temps are hovering around 75-80C on idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back