Register

128GB RAM and 16 cores / 32 threads X9DAI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halleelluuyaahhh~!
Make this into a Golden Build!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

GEEKBENCH !!!! Re: 128GB RAM and 16 cores / 32 threads X9DAI

The best software EVER!!!!!!! Geekbench.

Just got 41,000 on win7 64bit. Holy smokes.

Re: GEEKBENCH !!!! Re: 128GB RAM and 16 cores / 32 threads X9DAI

lightninhopkins said:

:headbang:

Re: GEEKBENCH !!!! Re: 128GB RAM and 16 cores / 32 threads X9DAI

tonymacx86 said:
lightninhopkins said:

:headbang:

Thanks man. Hope to get a similar result with the mac setup once it gets rolling out. I wonder how I can get the 10.8 release. $99 and sign up as a dev?

Just an update: The board is still too new and I'm sending bug reports to supermicro. Linux based OS's are working fine (however, the windows machine has problems with half the PCI-e raid cards I've tried. Adaptec, Areca, and Sonnet esata cards would all crash the system during boot. However, the highpoint 2722 card worked. It was hit or miss.

Fun stuff.

I bet this thing still can't run crysis

lightninhopkins said:
I have a RED Epic camera, so I'm trying to test out 5K playback in realtime. Still installing some editing software.

So far it's been rock solid, ZERO crashes.

Really glad to hear this is working out for you. If I get more into modeling and video editing, which I'm really aiming for, I would considering something hard core like this.

Hope it STAYS rock solid once everything's installed!!!!

Funny... I think my first post on this forum was "Why aren't their many Dual Xeon builds?" :silent:

Awesome build! I found that my geekbench score was horrible in mac os x when I first built my hackintosh and it was because I was using the iMac system profile from multibeast (ad the guide told me) I was getting around 4/5k :-/

So had a look around and people were saying change to the macpro 3,3 (I think that's right) system / hardware profile option multi beast.

I did this and my score over doubled to just under 10k.

Hope this is of some help

Jesus Christ...
The perfect build for "Angry Birds" gaming experience.... :D

lightninhopkins said:
I got everything to work on this board except for the network, which I ended up using a USB Apple adapter.

Check out the 128GB ram and latest Dual E5-2690 processors:

128e5.jpg

pic1e5.jpg

How much??? A beauty!
:eek:

That is the strongest PC/Hackintosh/Mac that I've seen in my entire life. It's going to be a real challenge to get the 128 GB of RAM completely full :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back