Contribute
Register

128GB RAM and 16 cores / 32 threads X9DAI

Status
Not open for further replies.
24TB... :shifty:

That machine is easily 10k€ of worth.

U mad bro??? :eek:

I think you'll want to post your Geekbench score, should put you at the top of heap :headbang:

Top score is currently 83226....

I remember back in the day (don't ask which day) a customer had a huge Sun server (THE biggest model they made) with 1GB of RAM. We all thought "why would you need that much RAM, that's insane!"). Incidentally, the delivery guys dropped it and broke it and one of the delivery guy's foot. True story.

Wow. Video rendering time=10 seconds=heaven. Definitely worth the $5,000-$8,000.

adamsmasher said:
The next time my lights flicker I'll know it's just lightninhopkins booting up his system. :thumbup:
already happened at my school. haha

edit: and a red epic camera? those are like in the $20k-70k range. ferk.

jk not related.

I'll try the geekbench, but I only have 32bit mode which is free. Maybe I'll buy the license and test it out. I don't think it'll hit that high though. Maybe that 80K score is a crazy over-clocked beast which will make this machine look like a little Nancy.

Another thing is, there is a speedstep issue which is being resolved by supermicro. I have a bios which isn't released yet, and I'll see if it improved any scores.

shibirian said:
What graphic cards did you use? More than one?

Just one nvidia quadro 1800. I was going to buy the new 680 with 4GB but it's not out yet. And the 2GB is hard to find.

The top scores are here:
http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/top

The 83226 is from "Intel Xeon E7- 8837 @ 2666 MHz 12 processors, 10 cores, 96 threads" might be tough to top that but you'll make it to this page for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back