Contribute
Register

1155/sandy bridge Motherboards: Worth waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys
I've been looking into a pc build that I could run SL on, and once I finally have one, and get the funds for it, they announce these new 1155 motherboards, and the gigabyte motherboars I planned to get are now only available online, at a much higher price too.
As I was going to get a Gigabyte P55A-UD3R at $150 in store, or p55a-ud3p
http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=3410
but at best, ebay can get me a p55a-ud3, for $170.

So would be fine to wait for these motherboards? I have heard mumblings that apple will be looking to have these mobo's in their macpros, so that could mean a standard support right?

Also, can you guys tell me if my original build would have been fine?
Part/Name/Price
Motherboard Gigabyte P55A-UD3P $159
CPU i5-760 $211
RAM 8G Kit (4GBx2) ddr3 1600 G.Skill-Ripjaws $169
Hdrive Seagate SATA 1T + Seagate SATA 250GB $98
Gfx Card 1GB ATI HD5770 $145
Wireless network Card/USB PCI TP-Link WN851N/TP-Link WN951N $35
Case Thermaltake V6 $92
Power Supply Corsair HX650 $142
DVD Drive Sata LiteOn $25

TOTAL $1,076
If you feel uneasy about the prices, MSY has about 26 stores around aus, and been around for 13 years, with the only downer that the lines can be ridiculously long :p

Cheers Guys

I like the build, but you might want to look at getting the Sony Optiarc, and maybe you could find the H55M-USB3 for cheaper?

Problem is, that msy sold out of all Gigabyte p55a motherboards, so I'd have to go on ebay... therefore if I want the same priced mobo, I'd would actually go down to the ud3 as the ud3p/r is like $50, its ridonkuli :S Couldn't these new motherboards wait a month!

vinnitintin249 said:
Problem is, that msy sold out of all Gigabyte p55a motherboards, so I'd have to go on ebay... therefore if I want the same priced mobo, I'd would actually go down to the ud3 as the ud3p/r is like $50, its ridonkuli :S Couldn't these new motherboards wait a month!

Any H55 boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back