Contribute
Register

11.4 Update Caused OpenCore patch for Intel I225-V 2.5GBe Controller Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lastly I did a Migration (WITHOUT NETWORK SETTING CHECKED) on 11.4's Fresh Install... and it works :thumbup:

Next step : enable the second NIC Intel i225 ;)
EDIT
The second NIC failed to work with the same kernel patch

Last edited:
Solution that worked for me:

1. Disable FakePCIID.kext and FakePCDID_Intel_i225-V.kext in config.plist,
2. remove everything concerning i225 in DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot...
3. add "dk.e1000=0" (without quotes) to boot-args.

Last edited:

THAT fixed it for me...and my I-225V is working again!

Thanks, I tried this in Monterey and it seems to work, also no more system crashing so far. Any good ideas to get wifi working in Monterey?

Thanks, I tried this in Monterey and it seems to work, also no more system crashing so far. Any good ideas to get wifi working in Monterey?
Have you tried enabling airportbrcmfixup and itlwm.kext together?

Worked for me on an Asus B550 board I have, nice find.

Have you tried enabling airportbrcmfixup and itlwm.kext together?
Tried that as well with a multitude of different kext settings, it still stays disabled. Cannot flick the toggle switch to turn it on.

Tried that as well with a multitude of different kext settings, it still stays disabled. Cannot flick the toggle switch to turn it on.
You need to download the Heliport app to run that you know. The three work in tandem.

You need to download the Heliport app to run that you know. The three work in tandem.
Got that and tried it too, Heliport icon will show the wifi but not the actual pc wifi. Although Heliport shows wifi and connects there is no wifi because if I turn of ethernet port there is no more internet.
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 3.41.28 PM.png

Got that and tried it too, Heliport icon will show the wifi but not the actual pc wifi. Although Heliport shows wifi and connects there is no wifi because if I turn of ethernet port there is no more internet.
View attachment 523821
Have you also removed the PCI device properties for the Intel I-225V? And did you add the dk.e1000=0 into the boot-arg? Also try using new versions of Airportbrcmfixup and itlwm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back