Contribute
Register

11.4 Update Caused OpenCore patch for Intel I225-V 2.5GBe Controller Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added all PCI bridges to the DeviceProperties list, but they did not show up in the system at all.
View attachment 522373View attachment 522374
You have to fill in the exact values for the device_type according to the PCI list. If it says USB Controller in the list that's exactly what you should use because the descriptor is used by other parts of the system (afaik).

In addition, you will need to add the device-ids for it to work. You can get them from Windows Device Manager > Properties under Hardware IDs.

With your added device-ids see if it works. Also try DPCI Manager and see if you can download and update/check the IDs for the system.

You have to fill in the exact values for the device_type according to the PCI list. If it says USB Controller in the list that's exactly what you should use because the descriptor is used by other parts of the system (afaik).

In addition, you will need to add the device-ids for it to work. You can get them from Windows Device Manager > Properties under Hardware IDs.

With your added device-ids see if it works. Also try DPCI Manager and see if you can download and update/check the IDs for the system.
I'm quite interested, I'll keep an eye on it even if this knowledge is too deep for me
Thanks

I switch my B550 mobo to my PC enclosure with my regular nvme with BigSur. it's not working anymore
I set device-id to F3158680
I boot and ..
capture 2021-06-21 at 18.59.04.png

The correct driver is loading
capture 2021-06-21 at 18.59.48.png

My ethernet port show an active connection, but nothing work, nor Safari, nor Software Update
capture 2021-06-21 at 18.59.57.png

In advanced setting I hit "Renew DHCP Lease", then OK
capture 2021-06-21 at 19.00.08.png

First it show Not connected
capture 2021-06-21 at 19.00.27.png

then it shows "connected with a random IP

Il I unplug & plug back the cable
capture 2021-06-21 at 18.59.48.png

I have a correct IP but still nothing work

What I am doing wrong
Any Ideas ?
thanks in advance

Have you tried to set the device-id just to F3150000 instead of F3158680?
Thanks for helping
With device-id just set to F3150000, the Wrong Driver is loaded, like nothing has been done.

I've also tried the FakePCIID.kext method

capture 2021-06-22 à 08.29.35.png

Same behaviour has post #52

After two hours of sleep (the computer not me) it's now working
I really don't have a clue why.
I think it was because you had two instances of the vendor id being input in the system, it was causing a conflict of sorts in the system OS registry. Once it was put to sleep (essentially shut down) it had cleared the memory of any cache that may have still contained the old code. I think that’s what did it.

I think it was because you had two instances of the vendor id being input in the system, it was causing a conflict of sorts in the system OS registry. Once it was put to sleep (essentially shut down) it had cleared the memory of any cache that may have still contained the old code. I think that’s what did it.
hello Thanks again
With 2 NIC after the first reboot, it didn't work anymore
I disabled one NIC in the BIOS, no better !!
I keep searching

hello Thanks again
With 2 NIC after the first reboot, it didn't work anymore
I disabled one NIC in the BIOS, no better !!
I keep searching
Did you manage to add the patch in the Kernel section? What version of Big Sur are you on?

I'm probably late to the party here but macOS does not support 0x15f3 directly - the i225-V LAN chipset in our motherboards. Instead it does however support i225LM which is device ID 0x15f2.

So to get i225-V working you need to spoof it to the LM variant, 0x15f2.

Use Device Properties PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

...and add: device_id = F2150000 as a Data type.

This works for me, Catalina onwards. Mojave and earlier has no support at all.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back