Contribute
Register

11.4 Update Caused OpenCore patch for Intel I225-V 2.5GBe Controller Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Casey
after long trials and error i figured out that keeping VT-D disbale causing the panic. when i enable VT-D it boots fine. However, when i enable VT-d, the wifi stoped working. i tried

Vtd enable= system boot fine but no wifi
Vtd disbale= panic/sytem keep restrt - wifi work
VTD enbele+ enable disableiomaper= panic/sytem keep restrt - wifi work
Vtd disable + enable disableiomaper = panic/system keep restart - wifi work
also when put Dart=0 system panic but wifi works
Hello @AnuLoges,

Have you disabled the vit9696 patch and switched to FakePCIID? If so, then keep VT-d disabled. Now both Ethernet and WiFi should work.

Hello @AnuLoges,

Have you disabled the vit9696 patch and switched to FakePCIID? If so, then keep VT-d disabled. Now both Ethernet and WiFi should work.
i Have never used Vit9696 patch. always been using FakePCIID. i am getting panic while the vtd disable. boot fine when VTD enabled but brake the wifi

Hi Casey
after long trials and error i figured out that keeping VT-D disbale causing the panic. when i enable VT-D it boots fine. However, when i enable VT-d, the wifi stoped working. i tried

Vtd enable= system boot fine but no wifi
Vtd disbale= panic/sytem keep restrt - wifi work
VTD enbele+ enable disableiomaper= panic/sytem keep restrt - wifi work
Vtd disable + enable disableiomaper = panic/system keep restart - wifi work
also when put Dart=0 system panic but wifi works
Some questions/suggestions:
  • When did the problem first occur? (Namely, kernel panic with VT-d disabled.)
  • With VT-d disabled, press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore Picker to enable Verbose Logs. Then boot macOS and capture a photo or video of the kernel panic.
    • It is possible that a third-party kernel extension is causing the problem.

Hey Casey
I am still not sure about root cause, but removing the Ethernet cable from my OWC thunderbolt doc solve all the problem. after remove the cable, both port in mother board work with wifi. i also kept vt-D disabled. now kept the thunderbolt Ethernet bridge inactive in system preference. system is stable past 2 hours. as you mention its probably OWC kernel extension. Thanks for the help and suggestion.

I have the same issue on Asus ProArt B550 Creator ?
I have tried both methods "FakePCIID" or "device-id set to 8xWGgA=="
Thanks

okay With the device-id to 0xF3158680 and disabled FakePCIID, I have do delete and add again the NIC in system prefs ➧ Network. And so I have an IP from the routeur.
But Safari fails to connect to any website
Any idea ?
Thanks

EDIT
In the Finder's Window ➧ Network ➧ Show my NAS and my other hackintosh ... but I can't access/connect them

EDIT 2
Failed to ping the router from terminal either in MacOS or in The recovery Partition

Last edited:
I remove "Alcid=1" boot-arg and added it in the Device properties ... and now NICs work.
How it is even possible ???

Last edited:
Hi @oli.mathieu
I have more or less the same problem as you. My two intel i210 ethernet ports are giving me KP when booting into Big Sur 11.4. Obviousely a problem with how OC 0.7.0 (in my case) are injecting AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext. Everything is working in Clover. Remove Alcid=1 from boot arguments in NVRAM --> Add --> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 and add the Alcid in Device properties however, dosen't make my rig to boot.

That is how my card is shown always no matter which method I try to use. They simply don't seem to have any effect at all.
View attachment 522305
Your PCI root path and AAPL,slot--name is wrong (way too long). Check against my list here >

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 8.18.47 AM.png

Hi @oli.mathieu
I have more or less the same problem as you. My two intel i210 ethernet ports are giving me KP when booting into Big Sur 11.4. Obviousely a problem with how OC 0.7.0 (in my case) are injecting AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext. Everything is working in Clover. Remove Alcid=1 from boot arguments in NVRAM --> Add --> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 and add the Alcid in Device properties however, dosen't make my rig to boot.
Can you disable one of the two NIC from the BIOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back