Contribute
Register

11.4 Update Caused OpenCore patch for Intel I225-V 2.5GBe Controller Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you also removed the PCI device properties for the Intel I-225V? And did you add the dk.e1000=0 into the boot-arg? Also try using new versions of Airportbrcmfixup and itlwm.
Yup, I have removed it from device properties, that is and I removed the kexts for the i225-V, that is when the freezing and rebooting stopped. I tried the 2.0.0 itlwm kext and have the lates Airportbrcm kext but still nothing. If I go back to Big Sur 11.4 it all works again. I also have the boot arg in there.

Have you also removed the PCI device properties for the Intel I-225V? And did you add the dk.e1000=0 into the boot-arg? Also try using new versions of Airportbrcmfixup and itlwm.
If you look at the below screenshot you will see that under network pref wifi does not show up but Heliport is connected and further to the left the PC wifi shows an ! mark across the wifi symbol. Heliport says it is connected but I have no internet via it.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.40.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.40.24 PM.png

If you look at the below screenshot you will see that under network pref wifi does not show up but Heliport is connected and further to the left the PC wifi shows an ! mark across the wifi symbol. Heliport says it is connected but I have no internet via it.

View attachment 523825

View attachment 523826
You need to also enable the one on the right with the ! showing, but it is the left one that you use to select your network with.

You need to also enable the one on the right with the ! showing, but it is the left one that you use to select your network with.
That's the issue, I cannot enable it no matter what I try. It works in Big Sur but not Monterey. I am hoping an update fixes this but I bought the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D board which I should have in 2 days so hopefully that works well with Monterey. These 500 series boards have a lot of headaches when it comes to hackintoshing.

That's the issue, I cannot enable it no matter what I try. It works in Big Sur but not Monterey. I am hoping an update fixes this but I bought the Gigabyte Z490 Vision D board which I should have in 2 days so hopefully that works well with Monterey. These 500 series boards have a lot of headaches when it comes to hackintoshing.
I hate to disappoint you, but I have this board. The trick with the boot argument works well with Big Sur, but not with Monterey. I225 is showing in the system, correct kext is being loaded but no connection is detected. Even assigning IP by hand doesn’t do the trick…

Solution that worked for me:

1. Disable FakePCIID.kext and FakePCDID_Intel_i225-V.kext in config.plist,
2. remove everything concerning i225 in DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot...
3. add "dk.e1000=0" (without quotes) to boot-args.
It works like a charm ... and my TWO i225 are Working

Hello
Am I the only one to have dual 2.5G LAN NIC on the Mobo ?
I there any other one by any chance ?
Thanks

Update to BS 11.5 went smoothly with 2/3 reboots
The Nic is working
After a wake from a (deep) sleep, NIC isn't working anymore
Reboot : NIC still isn't working
Reset Nvram : NIC still isn't working
Reboot BS 11.4 BackUp : : NIC still isn't working
Upadating Opencore 071 : : NIC still isn't working
Any clue ?
thanks in advance
EDIT