Contribute
Register

11.4 Big Sur / Nvidia GTX 780Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)))) it's GTX 980ti's
Jesus, I forgot completely..originaly PC was bought with 780ti and later replaced with 980Ti few years back and I completely forgot that. :)
So with 980Ti no way to make it working under Bug Sur?
I have somewhere archived older 780Ti, I'll try put it back and check with them...

holy :) ...
High Sierra only

OK, I've insert founded GTX 780 (not Ti) and I got black screen after it list all opencore code and just before apple logo or login screen usually appear. Seems like monitor goes to sleep then.
Any idea ?

After installing the GTX 780 dGPU did you clear/reset NVRAM, so any old settings stored in the Nvram are removed?

If you installed any drivers, kexts, config.plist patches or fixes previously, did you remove them from your USB or macOS drive before trying to boot with the GTX 780 installed?

The GTX 780 is natively supported so it needs no additional fixes, kexts or patches. All you should be using that is graphics related is WhateverGreen.kext, which of course requires you also include a recent version of Lilu.kext.

OK, I've insert founded GTX 780 (not Ti) and I got black screen after it list all opencore code and just before apple logo or login screen usually appear. Seems like monitor goes to sleep then.
Any idea ?

I've tried with other ports on monitor and graphic card, and it works awesome now !
only issue with no audio for now. any help please ?
it seems everything installed fine, but there is no sound on any of these outputs

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 14.20.29.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 14.20.29.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 89
Some Questions:
  1. Which speakers are you using?
  2. The Dell U2515H doesn't have built-in speakers, Dell screens of this type use the Dell Soundbar - AC511Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 15.02.39.png USB connected speakers for Dell U2515H display.
  3. So are the speakers connected via USB, audio cable or another (HDMI/DP digital)?
  4. If you are using the Dell Soundbar - AC511 (USB connection) then it should show as a separate option in the Sound > Output screen, as shown below:
    • Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 14.58.03.png macOS Menu bar - Sound options
    • Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 14.58.20.png System Preferences > Sound > Output options
    • Dell AC511 USB speakers selected in both screenshots, yes I have two U2515H displays both with USB soundbar speakers suspended below the display screen (connected to two different Hacks).
    • IMG_4142.JPG my untidy desk and Dell displays
    • You probably need to swap the USB cable from the AC511 speakers to an alternative USB port if your speakers are not showing in the Sound > Output tab.
  5. What kext(s) have you used to activate the built-in Realtek audio, AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext, or VoodooHDA?
  6. Which Audio layout-id have you added to your config.plist?
  7. How have you added the Audio layout-id, via DeviceProperties or boot argument?
Let us know the answers to the above and we probably can help with the sound issues.

If you are using external speakers that need an Audio cable connection, just make sure you have connected the speaker cable to the Green audio port on the Rear I/O plate.

Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 15.24.34.png Green Audio port for external speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back