i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I updated my OS from Catalina to BigSur. The process went smooth but I do not have Wifi since then. Everything else works fine.
The AirportItlwm was changed to 1.2.0 BigSur. In the OC log the kext is injected successfully, but the system says the kext is not loaded. I am pretty clueless. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Code:
Rs-iMac:~ r$ kextstat | grep -i "IntelMausi"
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil showloaded
No variant specified, falling back to release
   71    0 0                  0x2a000    0x2a000    as.acidanthera.mieze.IntelMausi (1.0.5) 8191506E-330C-35E3-9108-CE0A26C0134D <46 14 6 5 3 1>
Rs-iMac:~ r$ kextstat | grep -i "Airport"
Rs-iMac:~ r$ kextstat | grep -i "Airport*"

Attachments

• opencore-2021-02-17-15293722.txt
    256 KB · Views: 118
Hello,

I updated my OS from Catalina to BigSur. The process went smooth but I do not have Wifi since then. Everything else works fine.
The AirportItlwm was changed to 1.2.0 BigSur. In the OC log the kext is injected successfully, but the system says the kext is not loaded. I am pretty clueless. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Code:
Rs-iMac:~ r$ kextstat | grep -i "IntelMausi"
   71    0 0                  0x2a000    0x2a000    as.acidanthera.mieze.IntelMausi (1.0.5) 8191506E-330C-35E3-9108-CE0A26C0134D <46 14 6 5 3 1>
Rs-iMac:~ r$ kextstat | grep -i "Airport"
Rs-iMac:~ r$ kextstat | grep -i "Airport*"

I believe you need to load AirportiItlwm.kext using Terminal and set it up as a plug-in to IO80211Family.kext. Did you do this?

Have you tried itlwm.kext instead? That can more simply be installed in your EFI kext folder and declared in config.plist for OpenCore.

Do not try using both at the same time.

I believe you need to load AirportiItlwm.kext using Terminal and set it up as a plug-in to IO80211Family.kext. Did you do this?

Have you tried itlwm.kext instead? That can more simply be installed in your EFI kext folder and declared in config.plist for OpenCore.

Do not try using both at the same time.
So loading it via the terminal at least leads to it being loaded. Nevertheless, Wifi still does not work. I set secureBootModel to default but that did not help either.

I tried itlwm.kext but there I have the same behaviour. I do see the wifi icon but cannot turn wifi on.

I will try to use the debug version of the kexts, maybe that helps.

At least I am not the only one, maybe it will be fixed in the future. Using ethernet right now but would still love to make wifi work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back