Motherboard
Asus Prime B560-Plus
CPU
i5-10400F
Graphics
RX 580
SEE POST #61 for my setup guide

Hi, I have
Asus Prime B560-Plus, i5-10400F, Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3600 MHz, MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor 8GB OC, Corsair RM650x with Ventura and OpenCore, and I would like to get 10Gb Ethernet (no fiber cable, Ethernet cable) support on my build.
Which Ethernet Card should I buy? I read somewhere of Aquantia Ethernet Cards, but I don't know which model.
Can you tell me what to buy? Thanks,

Andyapple

Last edited:
SolarFlare SFN5122F 10GbE Dual SFP PCI-e Server Adapter SF329-9021 High Profile, might be worth a look. A lot cheaper than the Sonnet card, on eBay secondhand.

or

Thank you guys!! @zipb @Edhawk

Do they work OOTB on Ventura? I read something about Aquantia chip. Are those based on It?
I have to find them in my country, Italy.

Thanks a lot!

I don't use Ventura, so I don't know. Guess they will, though. For Sonnet, you can ask. They support MacOS.
My Sonnet is Aq107, I think.

I don't use Ventura, so I don't know. Guess they will, though. For Sonnet, you can ask. They support MacOS.
My Sonnet is Aq107, I think.
Thanks a lot!!

7710AA76-A900-48D2-BD18-2A3716CB572E.jpeg

This one on Amazon Italy

Should be fine, as long as you have a spare PCIe x4 slot on your motherboard.

OpenCore 0.8.0 and newer contain a Kernel > Quirks option specific to the Aquantia Ethernet controller, which you will need to enable. See the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 19.28.04.png Aquantia Ethernet quirk

You will also need to set VT-d as enabled in your BIOS for the Aquantia Ethernet controller to work, if it is not an Aquantia AQtion AQC-107s based 10GbE network card, i.e. is an AQC-107 card.

The AQC-107s variant is natively supported since macOS High Sierra. The non 's' cards require the above fixes.

I am far from an expert on Aquantia Ethernet configurations, maybe @CaseySJ might like to comment, as he has created a number of Kernel Patches and and SSDT for Aquantia 107 and 113 Ethernet cards for AMD systems running Monterey and Ventura.

I am not sure if these patches and the SSDT (when edited) will work the same in an Intel system, so I am reluctant to provide a link to the post he created over at AMD OS X.

Back