Graphics
Gigabyte 5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i’m doing a hackintosh pro build. I intended to use a 1080 ti gpu (gigabyte or EVGA) but the prices have skyrocketed. An you suggest an alternative card for $700 or lower. Mother board is a z370 with 8700k if that helps.

All graphics cards have had big price increases due to cryptocurrency miners and the fact that GPU manufactures cannot buy enough GDDR memory for building cards. This may be a short term issue, but it could continue for several more months. Even used cards have risen in price. Either sit tight for a while longer to see if prices stabilize or consider a lower spec card from the buyers guide that best suits your funds and system requirements.

Have a look at EVGA direct to see if you can get a reasonable spec at an affordable price:
https://www.evga.com/products/produ...=GeForce+10+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+1080+Ti

Can you recommend a budget video card that would be able to drive dual 1080p monitors. Nothing fancy. Something $200 or less on the new or used market that has native drivers.

I just shopped video cards!
Most 10xx GTXs are under performing and over priced.
I found a liGhtly used GTX 970 from EVGA for $270 on EBay. Supports up to 4 monitors.
I’m currently using it in a newly built 10.13.2 install for video editing and print production. Running (2) DVI and (1) HDMI monitors at 1080.
Beautifuly smooth and fast. Much improved Desktop.
Big improvement over the prior GTX 650ti with 20.12.6

I found lots of 9xx cards even cheaper but anything below a xx70 card have lower stream/cuda core counts.

Native Drivers? Why? They suck!

Can you recommend a budget video card that would be able to drive dual 1080p monitors. Nothing fancy. Something $200 or less on the new or used market that has native drivers.

The GTX 760 should drive two 1080P monitors well and work with native drivers.

Older models of video cards can be found in the older buyers guides:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...versions-of-os-x-using-older-chipsets.141225/

The maxwell cards such as the GTX 950, GTX 960 and GTX 970 should work well with the newer additional nvidia drivers. Newer cards like the GTX 1050 and 1050ti will also happily run two 1080P monitors with the additional nvidia drivers.

There is some better mac support coming for certain AMD cards, but as AMD cards are used by miners, these are difficult to get even some old cards at realistic prices.

Can a 1050 or 1060 drive dual 28” 4K monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back