Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I'm a total beginner but managed to install Yosemite 10.10.3 with clover UEFI using this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

For the post installation clover settings, I used the UEFI settings, since my system supports those.

My system configuration is as follows:

Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H
Intel Core i5-4460 (3.2 GHz)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3
Asus GTX 760 DC2OC 2GD5
Dell s2240l IPS display

I can't get the monitor to work with the HDMI cable. I have a Sony Bravia 42" TV which seems to be working perfectly, with full 1080p resolution. But when I connect the monitor using the HDMI cable, it shows a blank screen after the apple logo. I tried the -v flag and saw that it was going black after initializing bluetooth, which I read is a graphics problem. I then tried using the nv_disable=1 flag, which seemed to work, but the resolution was even worse and the system was super sluggish.

When I check system information when connected to the dell monitor, it shows 13.9 inch VGA display (800x600). But when connected to Sony, it recognizes it properly and shows it as Sony TV.

I've currently connected it using a DVI-I to VGA adapter, connecting from the DVI port of graphic card to the VGA port of monitor. The monitor works but it only shows 1280x1024 and 800x600 in the display preference panel. And I didn't pass any flags for this. The monitor is still showing as VGA display.

I've tried using Nvidia Web drivers, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No but it didn't help. I read that I need GraphicsEnabler=No for my graphic card since it is kepler based.

I've read about EDID issue and flashing the graphic cards bios, but I don't want to ruin anything.

I know there's a lot to learn but I just need someone to put me in the right direction. I can provide any details you ask.

I've attached the screenshots, and also the clover bootlog file.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    15 KB · Views: 179
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 10.12.21 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 10.12.21 am.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 10.12.49 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 10.12.49 am.png
    72 KB · Views: 160
I have a Sony Bravia 42" TV which seems to be working perfectly, with full 1080p resolution. But when I connect the monitor using the HDMI cable, it shows a blank screen after the apple logo. I tried the -v flag and saw that it was going black after initializing bluetooth, which I read is a graphics problem.

Post your config.plist

I then tried using the nv_disable=1 flag, which seemed to work, but the resolution was even worse and the system was super sluggish.

nv_disable=1 will prevent the nvidia drivers from loading, so no QE/CI

When I check system information when connected to the dell monitor, it shows 13.9 inch VGA display (800x600). But when connected to Sony, it recognizes it properly and shows it as Sony TV.

I've currently connected it using a DVI-I to VGA adapter, connecting from the DVI port of graphic card to the VGA port of monitor. The monitor works but it only shows 1280x1024 and 800x600 in the display preference panel. And I didn't pass any flags for this. The monitor is still showing as VGA display.

There is no support for VGA natively on Yosemite. So not sure how it will work with converter. It may lead graphics related issues.

For resolution, add the resolution manually to config.plist or try injecting EDID.

I've tried using Nvidia Web drivers, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No but it didn't help. I read that I need GraphicsEnabler=No for my graphic card since it is kepler based.

Yes Right. Your card have native support from Yosemite so no need of web driver.

GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes is not a valid flag for CLOVER, these are for Chimera.

I've read about EDID issue and flashing the graphic cards bios, but I don't want to ruin anything.

Don't have any idea on flashing VBIOS, seems like not required.

I'm using the standard config.plist that was mentioned in the guide. I've attached it here.

I've also tried selecting InjectEDID from the clover options (when the clover screen shows on system startup) also tried setting it from the Clover configurator but it also didn't help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 206
I'm using the standard config.plist that was mentioned in the guide. I've attached it here.

I've also tried selecting InjectEDID from the clover options (when the clover screen shows on system startup) also tried setting it from the Clover configurator but it also didn't help.

Disable INTEL graphics injection on config.plist.

Set Graphics Card/PCIe as your Primary Video Adapter/Initial Display Port on BIOS.
Disable Integrated Graphics on BIOS.

Then try booting after connecting monitor to HDMI/DVI port without using converters.

I disabled Intel graphic injection and connected the monitor via HDMI and disconnected the VGA cable. (monitor has HDMI and VGA, no DVI).

I'm still getting black screen after the apple logo displays and the progress bar is at about 15-20%.

I restarted using the -v flag (from Clover boot menu) and I've attached the last image that it shows before showing black screen. Will it help?

Attachments

• IMG_2262_25 Apr 2015 23.17.50.jpg
    IMG_2262_25 Apr 2015 23.17.50.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 160
I disabled Intel graphic injection and connected the monitor via HDMI and disconnected the VGA cable. (monitor has HDMI and VGA, no DVI).

I'm still getting black screen after the apple logo displays and the progress bar is at about 15-20%.

I restarted using the -v flag (from Clover boot menu) and I've attached the last image that it shows before showing black screen. Will it help?

Try booting without caches, as you are a clover user -f is not valid. Press spacebar and choose without caches mode.

Hi Jithin,

I chose the "without cache" mode at startup by pressing spacebar, but it gives the exact same error as in the last screenshot and then the screen goes black. :(

Hi Jithin,

I chose the "without cache" mode at startup by pressing spacebar, but it gives the exact same error as in the last screenshot and then the screen goes black. :(

Boot with nv_disable=1
Install the attached kext with Kext Wizard. (Keep a backup of original from S/L/E)
Execute Repair Disk Permissions & Rebuild Caches from Kext Wizard (Options available under Maintenance tab)
Reboot OS X and check the normal booting.

Attachments

• AppleGraphicsControl.kext.zip
    181.7 KB · Views: 107
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install the attached kext with Kext Wizard. (Keep a backup of original from S/L/E)
Execute Repair Disk Permissions & Rebuild Caches from Kext Wizard (Options available under Maintenance tab)
Reboot OS X and check the normal booting.

I tried installing the given kext file using kext wizard, but it is also giving the same issue...

Could it be a problem with my monitor?

I tried installing the given kext file using kext wizard, but it is also giving the same issue...

Could it be a problem with my monitor?

After installation have you done the repair disk permissions and rebuild caches?? it is important in this case.

It is not the problem of Monitor, on 10.10.3 there is problem with native drivers output for NVIDIA cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back