Contribute
Register

1080p Clover Bootloader with non UEFI graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Ga-P67a-UD4-F8
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 570
Hey there,
first i have to thank you. Installed my first Hackintosh in the last 3 days and without this forum i didn't got it.
Everything is working now (Audio too *juhei*).
Last problem is a cosmetic one. My Clover bootloader always boots in 1024x768 or so. It gets stretched and looks quite ugly.

My setting is a GTX570 on an Gigabyte P67a-UD4-B3 board (i7 2600K).
Google said that the 5xx series is the last one without UEFI on the card, so the patch vBIOS option with CsmVideoDxe driver installing won't work for me. I´ve read i could patch the VBios on my own and set 1920x1080 as native setting.
Now my question: how could i do this?

Hey there,
first i have to thank you. Installed my first Hackintosh in the last 3 days and without this forum i didn't got it.
Last problem is a cosmetic one. My Clover bootloader always boots in 1024x768 or so. It gets stretched and looks quite ugly.

Google said that the 5xx series is the last one without UEFI on the card, so the patch vBIOS option with CsmVideoDxe driver installing won't work for me. I´ve read i could patch the VBios on my own and set 1920x1080 as native setting.
Now my question: how could i do this?
Have you tried setting the resolution to 1080p in Clover config.plist?

Have you tried setting the resolution to 1080p in Clover config.plist?

i picked 1080p in in clover configurator GUI>resolution, is there another place to set it in the config.plist?

i picked 1080p in in clover configurator GUI>resolution, is there another place to set it in the config.plist?
No, that is where it should be. Is the display itself capable of 1080p?

No, that is where it should be. Is the display itself capable of 1080p?

Yea, sure. Any other idea?
Some people flashed the VESA table in their graphic cards vBIOS to set 1080p to the nativ start resolution. Is their any other option? Dont want to mess my vBIOS ...

Yea, sure. Any other idea?
Some people flashed the VESA table in their graphic cards vBIOS to set 1080p to the nativ start resolution. Is their any other option? Dont want to mess my vBIOS ...
Try posting in the Post Installation->Graphics forum - maybe there is someone there can help.

Okay, thank you. Can I move this Thread or do i have to create a new one?

Hey there,

Google said that the 5xx series is the last one without UEFI on the card and i have to use clover in Legacy Mode, so the patch vBIOS option with CsmVideoDxe driver installing won't work for me. I´ve read i could patch the VBios on my own and set 1920x1080 as native setting.
Now my question: how could i do this? Or even better: Is there another way to get Clover started in 1080p mode?

LG

Hey there,

Google said that the 5xx series is the last one without UEFI on the card and i have to use clover in Legacy Mode, so the patch vBIOS option with CsmVideoDxe driver installing won't work for me. I´ve read i could patch the VBios on my own and set 1920x1080 as native setting.
Now my question: how could i do this? Or even better: Is there another way to get Clover started in 1080p mode?

LG

You can use Clover to patch the vbios to support 1080p. My power is out right now so my computer is shut off but I will see if I still have the code you need to add to your config.plist.

You can use Clover to patch the vbios to support 1080p. My power is out right now so my computer is shut off but I will see if I still have the code you need to add to your config.plist.

Oh that sounds great! After investing so much time this pixeled bootloader is just taunting me every time booting ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back