i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've just done a clean install of High Sierra (with all updates)

Apart from the odd reboot hang, my main issue is the HDMI or DP audio. I've read through some guides but can't find one that covers my issue.

Once booted there is no issue with graphics out of either port but to get audio, I have to unplug and go to the other. It doesn't matter if I boot with display port of HDMI, to get audio I have to switch. I'm a bit cautious to test too many as it's taken days just to get this to install/boot properly. Obviously the audio is working, just wondered if there's a way to stop having to swap the outputs. I don't mind which port it is either.

I'm still learning but I'll give any pointers a go.

Thanks

Thanks toleda,

I had those kext files ready from last night so installed them. It's still wanting a port swap to trigger the audio.

I'm a bit unsure on the NVCAP part and where/what to do with it. I've ordered a RX580 which will be here today, maybe worth hanging fire until I have the final hardware for this build. Or do you think I'll hit the same issues?

Thanks again for the help.

Yeah, I know AMD won't use the driver. I've put the 580 in and it picks up the video/audio on any port every boot so it looks like I'll leave it in there and continue my mission to install Mojave on the Z390. Up to now I'm having no luck at all but that's another topic.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back