Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti WF2
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

After hours of trial and error my first main build is pretty much complete (not including networking as i've just ordered an iMac network card). Works fine with one monitor, animations are a tiny bit glitchy but nothing i'm too concerned about, and i'm definitely running the NVidia Web drivers.

But when in plug in a second monitor it just stays black and the monitor says no data is being send from the device. When I boot into Windows, both screens are working fine? Both monitors are connected by HDMI, but i've managed to get hold of a DVI to HDMI cable to try later as the graphics card has 4 HDMIs and a DVI.

I don't have a clue where to even start as it works fine with one, and works fine in Windows?

---

Motherboard: Gigabyte H270-HD3
CPU: Intel i7 7700K
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti WF2
RAM: 8GB DDR4 Ballistix Elite

---

I am having the same issue with the Gigabyte 1050ti using more than the left-most HDMI connection. And I'm using a Apple built 5,1 Mac Pro. Web driver installed of course.

Looking around online, it appears this card simply doesn't support more than a single HDMI monitor on MacOS, wether it be hackintosh or vanilla.

Doesn't appear editing the config.plist for clover users would have any affect either... probably a driver issue. Makes sense because 3x HMDI isn't reference.

Getting DP and DVI adapters, will update on if this works for a three monitor setup. Really disappointing the 3x HDMI didn't work out the box :(

Getting DP and DVI adapters, will update on if this works for a three monitor setup. Really disappointing the 3x HDMI didn't work out the box :(

oh no ((( .... and i have gtx 1050 ti

help - need 3 hdmi portS for work ... PLS

Last edited:
oh no ((( .... and i have gtx 1050 ti

help - need 3 hdmi port ... PLS
Found a solution to this? Using the 1050 low profile, left-most hdmi works fine, however I have found this two annoyances:
  • When Apple is booting, i get a second of black screen before it finishes booting.
  • When booting with HDMI connected to right-most HDMI, it will start booting, but when that black screen happens, it switches output to the other hdmi.
I'm using High Sierra, with 106 web-drivers and iMac 14,1 profile
Will it work with DVI?

I just ordered an Gigabyte 1050ti and am just interested what would work. But so I’m understanding the problem correctly: DP and DVI also work (at least just one at a time), but you want to use 2xHDMI?

DP - primary monitor, and dvi + hdmi - slave
2-3 hdmi - dont work ((( only 1 ...

Last edited:
Did anyone ever find a solution on this? Just downgraded from Catalina to High Sierra, after installing a OTA software update I have finally got Nvidia drivers running with my i5 6500 + 1050 ti + B250m-ds3h ... Everything's working fine, but I can't get my second monitor to turn on, both of my monitors are plugged into GPU via hdmi... Any help greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back