Contribute
Register

[100% Working] 12+6 Pin Apple WiFI/BT Card to M.2 NGFF Adapter! Handoff! Unlock with Watch! UEFI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the adapter and card fit inside the ASUS Wi-Fi Go! module so it aligns properly with the I/O shield?

I've purchased an ASUS Maximus IX Hero, which has the M.2 slot but doesn't include the Wi-Fi Go module. Any idea where I could purchase it? eBay has lots of older modules but the antenna placement seems different...

Someone help me out. Sometimes motherboards like asrock z370 taichi come with WiFi and Bluetooth based on some m.2 chip in a slot near where are all usb and stuff is on the motherboard and the antennas stick out and are screwed on in the back etc. I got the asrock z370 professional gaming K6 which has that same slot but it’s empty, it also has cutout in Io panel for the screw on antennas.

2 questions.

How do you fit the card since this mobo has like a plastic shield on top of the whole IO area. Please look google images.

How do I get them screw on antennas for thiscard and screw them on in the outside? Pleaseexplain this antenna part as if you telled it to achild.

Hi I have enough room only for type 2230 adapter. Is there anything as such? Is the actual Apple WiFi card bigger than 2230 size?

EBE360E7-853A-4C25-A62E-4A762D6F7063.png
So I just had to do a quick write-up on this because I've hardly seen it mentioned in the networking/WiFi threads...

On all newer boards, WiFi and Bluetooth is based off an NGFF M.2 module. We have all been struggling trying to buy used Dell/Lenovo cards off eBay from Chinese distros and it's just sucky. Patches on top of patches (which are great! No dis to the coders, you know who you are and you know we love you) and then no BT compatibility in the UEFI/Clover for things like the Force Trackpad/Smart Keyboard. Handoff only works when it wants to and maybe unilaterally. Things like unlock with the Watch can be a pain... I'll stop here. There is another reason we all want the Dell card, it's because we don't want to use a slot for a clunky x1 PCIe adapter with wires going to an on-board usb header and all that - yuck.

So there's this 6+12 pin (or Apple's proprietary WiFi/BT card slot) adapter to M.2 NGFF on eBay. I gave it a shot being that I've just purchased a Z270 ITX board and needed the x16 slot for my GPU. Well coupled with the Early 2015 MacBook Air BCM94360CS2 it works exactly like a real Mac. No extra drivers, no patches, no wires to usb headers, full AC WiFi, full handoff, airdrop, unlock and hotspot support! AND I can use my trackpad (I use a custom mechanical keyboard - Geekhack for life!) in BIOS and Clover! It uses the MacBook Air WiFi chip which is smaller than the Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd that we're used to seeing on the older PCIe adapters. Sorry for the wordiness, I just get excited about this stuff! I hate when my Hack doesn't work like it should and in the specific WiFi/BT area of Hackintoshing, it's simple, nothing beats the real thing.

Cost: $12.68 for the adapter and $19.88 for the Apple WiFi card - awesome.

And it doesn't look awkward (as seen here in my test bench)!
gmOe04J.jpg

H270n wifi + NGFF adapter + BCM94360CS2 card on sierra 10.12.6.
Wifi works , Bluetooth is ON but can't see any devices.

Any fox for that ?

Hey everybody, I just wanted to post a helpful link for those getting one of these cards for a Mini-PCI-E slot.
I found this BCM94360CS2 and Mini-PCI-E adapter combo on eBay, and it's an absolute steal for $16. Comes with antennas too!
I'm slightly concerned that it doesn't have a usb header, and I'll update this post when I receive mine and test it.

Hey everybody, I just wanted to post a helpful link for those getting one of these cards for a Mini-PCI-E slot.
I found this BCM94360CS2 and Mini-PCI-E adapter combo on eBay, and it's an absolute steal for $16. Comes with antennas too!
I'm slightly concerned that it doesn't have a usb header, and I'll update this post when I receive mine and test it.

I just received mine yesterday from the same seller. I ordered it during Chinese New Year. I was about to install it, but I wonder if it would be easier to just stick it on one of these M.2 to PCI-E adapters: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075MDH28Y/?tag=tonymacx86com-20. I do have an M.2 slot, but I think it's only for storage, not Wi-Fi. I'll try installing just what I have later today and report back.
Edit: I ended up getting this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCXCR7W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20. I hope it works!

Last edited:
Hey everybody,
I finally received my BCM94360CS2 and Mini-PCI-E adapter combo today in the mail (took over two weeks; ugh), and used it instead of my old BCM94352HMB.
When I first booted, nothing worked. After deleting the old kexts that were installed to accommodate the old Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Card, it started working like a charm. Though, I did have to re-pair my devices.
Continuity, Handoff & Unlock with Apple Watch are working beautifully.
Couple things to note:
1. the antenna ports are different from your typical Wi-Fi card. Thankfully, the eBay card I bought included compatible antennas.
2. Make sure you delete any old bluetooth/Wi-Fi kexts, as this works natively, and is in fact, defunct with Broadcom kexts installed.
3. You don't have to connect a cable to the USB header. (or at least I didn't have to)

Hope you all have the same luck I did!

- Daniel

Hey everybody,
I finally received my BCM94360CS2 and Mini-PCI-E adapter combo today in the mail (took over two weeks; ugh), and used it instead of my old BCM94352HMB.
When I first booted, nothing worked. After deleting the old kexts that were installed to accommodate the old Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Card, it started working like a charm. Though, I did have to re-pair my devices.
Continuity, Handoff & Unlock with Apple Watch are working beautifully.
Couple things to note:
1. the antenna ports are different from your typical Wi-Fi card. Thankfully, the eBay card I bought included compatible antennas.
2. Make sure you delete any old bluetooth/Wi-Fi kexts, as this works natively, and is in fact, defunct with Broadcom kexts installed.
3. You don't have to connect a cable to the USB header. (or at least I didn't have to)

Hope you all have the same luck I did!

- Daniel

You sold me. I just ordered a 94360CS2 and an M.2 adapter to replace my 94352Z. Looking forward to the native "it just works" operation!

You sold me. I just ordered a 94360CS2 and an M.2 adapter to replace my 94352Z. Looking forward to the native "it just works" operation!

I'm glad I could help you make your decision.
If you by chance bought the one I linked in my earlier post, DON'T use the included antennas. they are terrible, and causes connection stutters.
Ended up using a IPEX IPX4 to RP-SMA adapter (here) to connect the card to the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth antenna that came with my motherboard and fixed all my issues.

Hope it works for you!

- Daniel

I'm glad I could help you make your decision.
If you by chance bought the one I linked in my earlier post, DON'T use the included antennas. they are terrible, and causes connection stutters.
Ended up using a IPEX IPX4 to RP-SMA adapter (here) to connect the card to the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth antenna that came with my motherboard and fixed all my issues.

Hope it works for you!

- Daniel

Daniel, thanks! The new card and adapter arrived last Friday, and I installed them over the weekend. Neither the card nor the adapter came with their own antenna wires, so I used the ones that came with the motherboard (for the original Intel WiFi/BT card), and they fit like a charm. As another poster here noted, I had to remove the metal shield in order for the taller card/M.2 adapter to seat properly. Rebooted, removed all BCM94352Z patches/kexts (FakePCIID.kext, Fake_PCIID_Broadcom_WiFI.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext) and rebooted. As you noted, I had to re-pair my BT keyboard and trackpad, but that was it. Continuity and Handoff working perfectly! Still can't get Unlock with Apple Watch to work, however, a little maddening, since Handoff and Continuity are working perfectly now (in both directions)... but I've got Handoff and Continuity for the first time since I built my Hack! Thanks for giving me the push I need. Working inside this tight case is no fun, but in the end, it was worth it!

[UPDATE: Unlock with Apple Watch just started working. Not sure why, but not questioning it... it's a beautiful thing!]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back