Contribute
Register

[100% Working] 12+6 Pin Apple WiFI/BT Card to M.2 NGFF Adapter! Handoff! Unlock with Watch! UEFI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It rises 13mm above the edge of the shielding. The card measured 52mm total from motherboard to top of card w/ screw (the screw only adds about a mm more). Apple's cards are bigger than the standard PC WiFi NGFF card.View attachment 239050
Does the adapter and card fit inside the ASUS Wi-Fi Go! module so it aligns properly with the I/O shield?

I've purchased an ASUS Maximus IX Hero, which has the M.2 slot but doesn't include the Wi-Fi Go module. Any idea where I could purchase it? eBay has lots of older modules but the antenna placement seems different...

Hi! I have this mobo: ASRock H170M-ITX (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H170M-ITXac/)

It does natively come with this PCI Express integrated wifi slot:

upload_2017-5-26_21-36-28.png

As you imagine it's connected to the ext of the M-ITX and has 2 antennas.

Maybe looking at the photos of the mobo and to the card would you recommend me any compatible WIFI-BT card? Any link.. :p

Thanks for reading this!!

@onmybikedrunk - How did you get the antenna connectors to stay attached. On my BCM94360CS2, the antenna connectors just pop off - they do not "snap" like usual. I thought maybe I had a bad cable kit from amazon, but I ordered a second one from a different vender and it's the same thing.

If you ordered antennas/cables and they do fit properly, can you point me to what you purchased?

My (hopefully temporary) solution was a hot glue gun...

I am in the same boat with the connectors, did you figure out a solution? Mine don't snap on either.

I am in the same boat with the connectors, did you figure out a solution? Mine don't snap on either.

Oh man... so, it turns out most antennas you see on Amazon & eBay and the like for U.Fl connectors, which are slightly bigger than MHF4 connectors. The U.Fl connectors are for PCIe / Mini PCIe cards... and MHF4 are for the M.2 (NGFF) wifi cards. It turns out the apple cards use the MHF4 connectors. I discovered this from this thread:

* Aside from form factor, there are other considerations when choosing one of these cards, and that is the antennas and/or the connectors that attach them to the WiFi card. The older standard seems to be U.FL connector, which is larger than the newer, smaller MHF4 connectors. Therefore, you would have to either replace the antennas, or fit an adapter (once again, space permitting) that will likely have a negative effect on performance.

So I ended up purchasing this kit from Amazon. It also looks like you can get the cables alone if you already have the antennas from eBay.

I just lined them up and gave them a little squeeze with needle-nose players and I was good to go. It's not super-snug, so if you snag the antenna wires hard enough while messing around in your case, they can pop off, but they do fit.

Hi,
Have any of you heard about 12+6 Pin Apple WiFI/BT Card to M.2 NGFF Adapter that will fit Dell Latitude e7470?

I do have:
Mini PCI-E Adapter for BCM94360CD, but no PCI-E port in e7470
BCM94360CS2 Card To NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter this one is NGFF(M.2), but it's not working with my BCM94360CD, card not recognized in BIOS and I cannot connect antennas. Looks like different connectors? Maybe it would work with BCM94360CS2?
BCM94360CD is working with Desktop PCI-E adapter, so the card is not a fault here.

Currently, I'm using DW1830 (BCM943602BAED), but due to Handoff, Apple Watch unlock I'm looking for something else.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 417
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 385
Thanks onmybikedrunk

Shortly after you posted this thread I purchased the Apple WiFi/BT card and M.2 NGFF adapter and finally installed them over the weekend. I had a working setup using RehabMan's BT and WiFi Kext's for the Dell DW1560 card but I wanted to go with an OOB solution going forward. I haven't actually unloaded the Kext's yet for the old card but the new one works perfectly now. I'm still on El Capitan so we'll see for sure when I make the clean upgrade to Sierra soon.

I have a pretty small case (S4 Mini) but the adapter still fit fine.

Man it's been a while since I logged in. I'm glad everyone found this helpful! @Vivid5500 its good to see yet another person from the SFF community here :thumbup:

Okay so... I just ordered the BCM94360CD which works well in PCI scenario's, but still is M.2. Do you happen to know if the BCM94360CD will work in an M.2 slot? Thanks

and do you recommend cancelling that order and buying this version? I am using a desktop

So I just had to do a quick write-up on this because I've hardly seen it mentioned in the networking/WiFi threads...

On all newer boards, WiFi and Bluetooth is based off an NGFF M.2 module. We have all been struggling trying to buy used Dell/Lenovo cards off eBay from Chinese distros and it's just sucky. Patches on top of patches (which are great! No dis to the coders, you know who you are and you know we love you) and then no BT compatibility in the UEFI/Clover for things like the Force Trackpad/Smart Keyboard. Handoff only works when it wants to and maybe unilaterally. Things like unlock with the Watch can be a pain... I'll stop here. There is another reason we all want the Dell card, it's because we don't want to use a slot for a clunky x1 PCIe adapter with wires going to an on-board usb header and all that - yuck.

So there's this 6+12 pin (or Apple's proprietary WiFi/BT card slot) adapter to M.2 NGFF on eBay. I gave it a shot being that I've just purchased a Z270 ITX board and needed the x16 slot for my GPU. Well coupled with the Early 2015 MacBook Air BCM94360CS2 it works exactly like a real Mac. No extra drivers, no patches, no wires to usb headers, full AC WiFi, full handoff, airdrop, unlock and hotspot support! AND I can use my trackpad (I use a custom mechanical keyboard - Geekhack for life!) in BIOS and Clover! It uses the MacBook Air WiFi chip which is smaller than the Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd that we're used to seeing on the older PCIe adapters. Sorry for the wordiness, I just get excited about this stuff! I hate when my Hack doesn't work like it should and in the specific WiFi/BT area of Hackintoshing, it's simple, nothing beats the real thing.

Cost: $12.68 for the adapter and $19.88 for the Apple WiFi card - awesome.

And it doesn't look awkward (as seen here in my test bench)!
gmOe04J.jpg
Dear @onmybikedrunk,
Card is Recognised but I cannot connect to WiFi
Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 10.07.17 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back