Contribute
Register

[100% Working] 12+6 Pin Apple WiFI/BT Card to M.2 NGFF Adapter! Handoff! Unlock with Watch! UEFI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Is this just plug and play. Are there any extra kext or patches that need to be run?

Thanks

Oh...I have an Asus B150 Aura MB. Where can I find out if it is compatible?

Thanks, Buddy I got all work without any patches. Parts are delivered today working well. now my hack is totally completed.
Everything is working continuity, Handoff, Airdrop, Wake on Wireless, Auto Unlock, Personal Hotspot everything is working like original mac.

Last edited:
So I just had to do a quick write-up on this because I've hardly seen it mentioned in the networking/WiFi threads...

On all newer boards, WiFi and Bluetooth is based off an NGFF M.2 module. We have all been struggling trying to buy used Dell/Lenovo cards off eBay from Chinese distros and it's just sucky. Patches on top of patches (which are great! No dis to the coders, you know who you are and you know we love you) and then no BT compatibility in the UEFI/Clover for things like the Force Trackpad/Smart Keyboard. Handoff only works when it wants to and maybe unilaterally. Things like unlock with the Watch can be a pain... I'll stop here. There is another reason we all want the Dell card, it's because we don't want to use a slot for a clunky x1 PCIe adapter with wires going to an on-board usb header and all that - yuck.

So there's this 6+12 pin (or Apple's proprietary WiFi/BT card slot) adapter to M.2 NGFF on eBay. I gave it a shot being that I've just purchased a Z270 ITX board and needed the x16 slot for my GPU. Well coupled with the Early 2015 MacBook Air BCM94360CS2 it works exactly like a real Mac. No extra drivers, no patches, no wires to usb headers, full AC WiFi, full handoff, airdrop, unlock and hotspot support! AND I can use my trackpad (I use a custom mechanical keyboard - Geekhack for life!) in BIOS and Clover! It uses the MacBook Air WiFi chip which is smaller than the Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd that we're used to seeing on the older PCIe adapters. Sorry for the wordiness, I just get excited about this stuff! I hate when my Hack doesn't work like it should and in the specific WiFi/BT area of Hackintoshing, it's simple, nothing beats the real thing.

Cost: $12.68 for the adapter and $19.88 for the Apple WiFi card - awesome.

And it doesn't look awkward (as seen here in my test bench)!
gmOe04J.jpg
Airdrop speed is very low. did you feel the same?

Sorry guys, I've been a bit busy but...
It rises 13mm above the edge of the shielding. The card measured 52mm total from motherboard to top of card w/ screw (the screw only adds about a mm more). Apple's cards are bigger than the standard PC WiFi NGFF card. What are you running, an S4 Mini? I have a Dan A4-SFX case on the way for this build... Pretty small.
View attachment 239050

Thanks for posting this find! I've ordered my card and adapter. Too bad the adapter won't be here for 2-3 weeks :(

I also have a Dan A4-SFX case, and I believe it will be a very tight fit but it should work. I think there is 17 or 18 mm space clearance between the top of the shielding and the case frame.

Did you put back the other side of the shielding back on? (with the top bent up, I assume?)

IMG_1023.JPG

I have a z170n-gaming 5. Do I still need the adapter? Also have you researched using a Desktop(iMac) vs a laptop (MacBook) card?

EDIT - Yep I do still need the adapter.

Last edited:
So I just had to do a quick write-up on this because I've hardly seen it mentioned in the networking/WiFi threads...

Thanks for making this post, onmybikedrunk. I've ordered the two parts and I'll be very happy to get this working too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back