Contribute
Register

100% Success with the Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG and Sierra 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[td]Not Working and Never Will:
[/td]
[td]
  • Nvidia GeForce 940mx 2GB (No surprise here).
  • SD Card Reader, Realtek 10EC,5287 -- RTL8411B - However... glimmer of hope.
  • HDMI Output (utilizes the disabled GeForce 940mx exclusively, so, you can either have HDMI + terrible battery life, or ditch HDMI + quadruple your battery life. I've chosen to disable the GeFroce 940mx myself).
  • USB 3.1 Type C to DVI adapter by Plugable, no output.

Hi Jackharvest, i have the E5-575G-3561 nearly to 100% working with High Sierra. Its really a great system. My System Specs: i3-6100U @2,3 GHz on Skylake and the Intel HD520 and the Nvidia 940MX. My question is, if i disable the 940MX via DSDT, could i use the HDMI output for a 2. monitor after disabling the 940MX? Or is the HDMI Output off after disabling? How was it with your laptop?

Greetings Relique.

Hi!, Anyone that can work this tutorial, can upload your own CLOVER folder?. I have a 575g with i5 6200u and intel graphics 520 and after to try all method, cannot works in my laptop.

I tried to install Sierra and High Sierra using clover UEFI with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi but stuck after boot.

The error says:

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block :no, hibernatewake: no

I trying with all versions of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi but not have solution.

Maybe if i replace a working folder my laptop can will to start.

If you are using Rehabman's clover, try a fresh UEFI install with the sourceforge clover. That seemed to fix all issues booting into OSX

hello guys i'm having a bit of trouble when i try to install hackintosh on my e5-575 (mojave) it gets to 75% ish 2 minutes remaining then reboots randomly can anyone help me with this ?
Edit : solved i had some kexts problems couldn't see the drive / works now i'll ask if i find another prob thnx yall

Last edited:
am going to attempt my first "anything" really..was gifter an almost new laptop with no hard drive, so i am praying it actually works, let alone as a hackintosh it is an acer E5-575G-57D4 16gm ram and 500gb m2 ssd, not even formatted..

father in law has a nice mac book pro he is lending me, so hopefully i can figure it out and get this going.

wish me luck fellas! :)

total failure..the bios in my laptop will not let me disable secureboot

it is not even an option..just shows that it is there, but you cannot select it to disable it.

this sucks

Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG What is Working?
Acer-Aspire-E5-575G-53VG-specifications.jpg
  • Intel Core i5-6200U... obviously working!
  • 8GB DDR4 Memory... obviously working!
  • 1536MB of Intel HD 520 Graphics... working!
  • Ethernet Realtek 10EC 8168... working!
  • Touchpad... working!
  • Keyboard... working!
  • VGA Output... works!
  • 2ND Drive Recognized and... works! (I have Windows 10 over on that 2.5" Sata, for utilizing the GTX 940mx).
  • Backlit Keyboard (seems like this is hardware driven, so works great!)
  • Most FN keys (Disable Touchpad is working, kill all lights button, heck even the play pause forward back stop buttons work).
  • Audio...works! [Updated 5.26.17, VoodooHDA2.8.8]
  • Sleep... works! [Updated 5.26.17, Follow Laptop Guide correctly, and this works naturally]
  • Battery Indication... works! [Updated 5.26.17, Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext from here, per Rehabman]
  • Bluetooth... works! [Updated 5.26.17], Natively Functioning - just neglected to test until almost last step.
  • Brightness Control... works! [Updated 5.27.17] - (Thanks Rehabman for pointing out my drunken idiocy on page 2)
  • Webcam... works! [Updated 5.27.17] Tested in Facetime
  • DVD Drive... works! [Updated 5.27.17]
  • Complete Disabling of Nvidia GTX 940MX... working! [Updated 5.29.17] Thanks Rehabman for putting up with my stupid questions. This increased battery life from <2 hours to ~8.5 hours. Unreal!
  • BCM94352Z is now installed (having replaced the Stock Wifi card; Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA435 with 168C,0042 Vendor and Device IDs), and info.plists modified to enable it... working! [Updated 6.3.17] - Thanks for the micro-guidance in golden build guide by krandv for wireless and bluetooth!
In Progress:
  • USB 3.1 C hubs (I've only tested a display adapter (which didn'tn work) -- besides that, I don't have anything C... anyone want to gift me something? lol).
  • Webcam Mic (I get video, but that webcam Mic may never see the light of day)
Not Working and Never Will:
  • Nvidia GeForce 940mx 2GB (No surprise here).
  • SD Card Reader, Realtek 10EC,5287 -- RTL8411B - However... glimmer of hope.
  • HDMI Output (utilizes the disabled GeForce 940mx exclusively, so, you can either have HDMI + terrible battery life, or ditch HDMI + quadruple your battery life. I've chosen to disable the GeFroce 940mx myself).
  • USB 3.1 Type C to DVI adapter by Plugable, no output.

This laptop is actually decently friendly for beginners so far (I'm fairly familiar with desktop hackintoshing, but this is my first laptop that actually "made it" to the finish line).

So, let's talk about some specs this laptop has for Google Fu purposes:
- Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG
- Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3Ghz~2.8Ghz
- Nvidia GeForce 940mx 2GB (not used, but hey, dual booting is VERY easy on this laptop too!)
- 8GB DDR4 Memory
- 256GB M.2 Sata LiteOn Drive (came with the machine).
- Ethernet Realtek 10EC 8168
- M.2 Wireless Atheros QCNFA435
- Touchpad, Keyboard
- LCD (non-touch), 1080p, Intel HD 520
- USB 3.1 C
- VGA, HDMI Outputs (USB 3.1 C as well!)
- 2nd Drive, 2.5 Sata
- Backlit Keyboard
- Fn Functions

DPCI Manager Image (prior to replacing WiFi card):

View attachment 258220

All in all... holy crap! This has been smoother than some desktop builds I've done in the past. Very pleased!

Summarized Instructions:
  1. Follow Rehabman's Laptop Guide First. This gets you 88% of the way to the finish line. Near the end of that guide, Rehabman states the following checklist to start hammering out:

2. Install VooDooHDA2.8.8 for audio to work. FN keys naturally work after this is installed as well.
  3. Install the Realtek 8111 kext for Ethernet to function. I used version 2.2.1
  4. Battery Indicator: Install the ACPIBatteryManager.kext from here, per Rehabmans recommendation
  5. Brightness Controls: Follow Rehabman's Laptop Backlight Injection Guide Here
  6. Completely disable discrete graphics card for 4x+ battery life and almost no heat output: [Disabling discrete graphics guide]
  7. Wifi: Replace with BCM94352Z, and follow Krandy's wifi-instructions found on Krandy's guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-acer-travelmate-x349-m-535l.214810/

Thanks for reading! After I have WiFi working, I'll create a longer tutorial that follows guide standards. :) Now that Wifi is fully functional, I am building this into a formal guide. For now, use the "summarized instructions" to follow the gems of information I did to create the hackintosh.
Did you alter the DVMT Prealloc?If yes, how did you? I have the same laptop but with i5-7200U

total failure..the bios in my laptop will not let me disable secureboot

it is not even an option..just shows that it is there, but you cannot select it to disable it.

this sucks
You need to set a supervisor password first and then you can change the secure boot option

the aspire e5 575g 53fa can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back